Qlik Sense Documents

Documents about Qlik Sense.

Announcements
IMPORTANT: Upcoming LEF Database Maintenance, Oct. 3rd - SEE DETAILS

Qlik Sense - YouTube Extension

Luminary
Luminary

Sharing my latest extension for Qlik Sense: the YouTube object. Great for including tutorials or resource videos in your Qlik Sense visualization apps.

Instructions:

1. Unzip the YouTube.zip contents into your C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions\ directory (where <user name> is your personal user name on Windows)
  2. Open Qlik Sense and create a new visualization app or edit an existing one.
  3. Edit a sheet to include the YouTube object which should now be available in your list of chart types.
  4. You can swap out for a different video by grabbing the YouTube Video ID from the URL of any YouTube video.

Enjoy!

2014-08-13 23_26_38-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

Tags (3)
Attachments
Comments
Contributor II
Contributor II

Many thanks. You seem to have other interesting extensions as well - MekkoChart etc. Where can one find these, or are you planning to publish them as well (it would be terrific!)

Bye,

Karsten

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Karsten,

Take a look at Qlik Branch

It is currently in Beta at the moment, which they recently closed. But stay tuned to learn more. This will be the location to share and post this sort of content.

In the mean-time - you can check this location after installing Sense on your machine:

C:\Users\<user Profile>\Documents\Qlik\Examples\Extensions

Copy the folder from there to: C:\Users\<user Profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions

Start Sense and you will see the Extension:

8-14-2014 6-37-35 AM.png

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

0 Likes
Contributor II
Contributor II

In my examples folder, the range slider is missing

I really hope the extension community takes off... I'd like to see more cool vizes in QlikSense.

Contributor II
Contributor II

Thank you very much!

Von: Michael Tarallo

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. August 2014 12:39

An: Karsten Konrad

Betreff: Re: - Qlik Sense - YouTube Extension

Qlik Community<http://community.qlik.com/>

new comment by Michael Tarallo<http://community.qlik.com/people/mto?et=watches.email.document_comment> View all comments on this document<http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-6994?et=watches.email.document_comment#comment-19770>

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Awesome - everything will be posted to Qlik Branch once it is made public.

But you can get this on Github now - here: QlikDev/qsRangeSlider · GitHub

Note - this is not "supported" by Qlik - these are public "open source" extensions.

Have fun!

8-14-2014 7-56-18 AM.png

0 Likes
Not applicable

Any Link on documentation to create or modify extensions

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Shiva - At the moment there is some documentation on the management of extensions with the QMC, which is available with the server component help system (Qlik Sense Enterprise) which will be released later this year. There is a Beta available here under the codename QlikView .Next - however I am not sure if it is open to everyone.

See if you can access this link: QlikView.Next 0.95 Beta

You may be interested in looking at Qlik Branch - Qlik Branch  - it is in a closed Beta at the moment, so Bookmark the URL and stand by - you can subscribe to be informed: This is where all of this type of material will be kept.

0 Likes
Luminary
Luminary

My YouTube extension has been posted on Qlik Branch. Future extensions will be posted there too.

Employee
Employee

Nice!

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Shiva - take a look at this nicely written article and tutorial on creating extensions for Qlik Sense:

Tutorial: How to Build a Qlik Sense Extension with D3 « BI Commons

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2014-08-14 12:40 AM
Updated by: