Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

GMS: loading MasterItems from Database

Hey guys,

does anyone of you know the technical process of loading master items into an app?

Option 1: Master items are loaded from excel and put into the apps.

Option 2: Master items are loaded into the GMS-App and then loaded again from GMS-App and put into the apps.

Option 3: Something else.

I am asking this because I would like to use an database instead of the excel file and was wondering it this will be possible.

Thanks for your help

Oliver

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Absolutely possible to use a database.  As long as when you load the table to the Governed Metrics Application you are following the field requirements detailed here: The GMA (Governed Metrics Application) - EA Powertools Governed Metrics Service.

An excel file is used in the distribution to demonstrate the art of the possible.  Moreover, you can use a mixture of sources as long as what is loaded conforms to the instructions.

jg

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

Absolutely possible to use a database.  As long as when you load the table to the Governed Metrics Application you are following the field requirements detailed here: The GMA (Governed Metrics Application) - EA Powertools Governed Metrics Service.

An excel file is used in the distribution to demonstrate the art of the possible.  Moreover, you can use a mixture of sources as long as what is loaded conforms to the instructions.

jg

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

That's great! Thank you very much!

naveen_y19
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

is there a way, i can add my label expressions to database table and then use them in the reports

the reason i ask is, every time i reload the Metrics and app, all my label expressions to MasterItem measures are gone, i have to edit each measure and write them again