Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sheet Approver - Data won't update

Hello!

We have an issue with the sheet approver in the QMC utilities. The data is stuck in a state from some time yesterday afternoon. Until then we can't recall any issues. Yesterday afternoons data must have gotten in there somehow as well, after all.

I imported an app yesterday and have since published it several times under various names into various streams. But the sheet approver still claims (and has done so all the time inbetween) that the app is stuck in the "work" area.

What have we already tried?

- reloading the page (obviously) 🙂

- restarting all the services (any Service that starts with Qlik)

- removing the QMC Utilities (Uninstall.exe, sc delete QlikEAPowerToolsServiceDispatcher, remove "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\EAPowerTools" path manually, restart server (the entire machine)) and reinstalling (both 2.0.0 and 2.0.1)

What else can I contribute?

- the repository shows correct information (we have an app, which directly accesses the Repository DB)

- the same data from yesterday afternoon was displayed again even after re-installation

- the certificates are available at "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Exported Certificates\.Local Certificates"

Where might the problem be?

Best regards,

Sandro

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

quite possibly a caching issue.  Have you tried dumping browser cache?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

@Sandro, please open an issue on the GitHub page for qmc utilities with the same content as above.

So if I understand what you are saying you have an app that's been published, but the app does not show up as published in Sheet Approver?  Sheet Approver is going to show you sheets in an app that are published or unpublished.  Is it the sheets that remain unpublished?

Like I said, please open an issue on GitHub and include screen shots.  It is not necessary to uninstall and reinstall qmc utils for this issue I think because this sounds like simple reading and writing through the repo api.

Issue link:Issues · eapowertools/QlikSenseQMCUtility · GitHub

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Issue is opened

And what you are saying is right. The app appears to be unpublished as indicated by "Not approved" and "Not published" values and the checkbox being disabled.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Is the app published?  And, the idea here is community sheets are able to be approved.  If a sheet is in someone's personal space it needs to be published to community first before it can be approved.

jg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeah, understood. The app is published, but it isn't shown as such. That's why I can't approve/disapprove any sheets

Not applicable
Author

So does the app show up in the hub in the stream you published to?  I can't see how this is possible as an omission in sheet approver because it's reading the repository for sheets of published apps.  That doesn't mean that sheet approver isn't broken somehow, but it seems odd.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeah, in the pub everything looks as you would expect and also, as you would expect, when you query the repository via an ODBC connection. Just the Sheet approver is behind. Could this be a caching issue? Maybe not necessarily in the Sheet approver, as I am sure you haven't implemented any, maybe in the rest of the Qlik Sense ecosystem?

Sandro

Not applicable
Author

quite possibly a caching issue.  Have you tried dumping browser cache?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have tried that now and it didn't help. I hope I have found the right spot in the IE 11 settings... What did help though was to change the settings to get new data for "cached items" upon every visit of the website. So it seems to have been a browser issue. Is that an issue you could help avoid though? The default of not checking at every visit usually is preferential in everyday browserusage

Sandro