Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents & Videos

Documents & videos about Qlik Sense.

Embedding Qlik Sense content into an IIS Website on Different Servers

Not applicable

Embedding Qlik Sense content into an IIS Website on Different Servers

This document walks through setting up Qlik Sense and IIS running on separate servers to produce a sheet mashup in an html page.  The key theme here is making sure the proper authorization is passed to Qlik Sense so that the mashup content on the IIS web server renders properly.

Update 18-May-2015: Updated links to virtual proxy configurations.  These were pointing to internal resources and not to the documents here on Community.

Update!  Thanks to Joonas for finding a path issue with the source location for fonts.  This has been addressed.

Comments
Not applicable

On the fonts.css section of the document there is a reference to fonts folder: "c:\programdata\Qlik\Sense\Client\fonts." ,

however in my Sense Server installation the fonts folder is in "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\fonts"

0 Likes
Not applicable

Joonas,

thank you for finding the mis path.  I'll correct and update.

jg

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Jeff,

Your documents have been extremely helpful in getting things set-up. After days of struggling, I was finally able to get my mash-up up and running with IIS and Qlik Sense on the same server (slightly different from your setup). Everything works fine locally - I type in "localhost/sensemash"...it gets ticket, redirects, and mash-up loads fine.

My question is - How do I get this to work over the internet? When I then try to access this site outside of the server, it does everything it's supposed until it tries to redirect my browser to the "hw.html" code with the ticket. We want public users to be able to access these mashup views.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Ricky

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Ricky, so if I understand what you have setup, you have an IIS server exposed to the Internet.  Users navigate to the IIS page that gets the ticket and forwards onto hw.html on the Qlik Sense server.  What is the error you are experiencing at this point?  Do you have screenshots and the console from your browser to see what errors may be generating? 

jg

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Jeff,

My IIS and Qlik are on the same server. I have the IIS server exposed to internet, and when I access it, the redirect shows the following in the image.

Can the IIS and Qlik reside on the same server, and still have it be exposed to internet? Or do I need to have them on separate servers.

Thanks!

Ricky

image.png

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ricky, I suspect you do not have the name of the sense server listed in the HOSTS file located at %WINDOWS%\System32\Drivers\etc.

You will want to add an entry for the name of the server and the ip like this:

%ipaddressofserver%      %senseServerName%   

The other thing you may have to do is add the sense server name to the white list of the virtual proxy config.

jg

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Jeff,

I wanted to thank you again for your help. It turned out to be a combination of many things. For anyone else who is using AWS EC2, make sure you update the security group settings as well as the firewall settings to allow for traffic to come in via port 443.

Thanks,

Ricky

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Jeff,

thanks a lot for the article. It helped getting my integration working.

I have one question though reg. certificates. I have followed your guide and exported the certificate from QlikSense QMC and use it in the binding section on IIS for my virtual directory. Now, every time a user hits that page he has to click away a certificate error.

My question now is: To overcome with the certificate error I would install a proper ssl certificate bought . I would have to change the binding to use that newly bought certificate. Once doing that will the ticketing still work with QlikSense or how to deal with this ?

thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
Not applicable

Mike, sorry for the delayed response.  For ticketing, you don't need to update the cert used for the ticket request, however, you do need to change the certificate used by Qlik Sense for connecting.  You do this by obtaining a server cert from a trusted certificate authority, installing that certificate in the LocalMachine\Personal certificate store on the server, and adding the thumbprint of the certificate to the proxy settings inside QMC.  Adding the thumbprint is discussed here: http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.1/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/change-proxy-ce...

Hope this helps.

Jeff G

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Jeff,

thanks so much for the response.

I have one more question left to ask. In a scenario where you have more than one server which proxy needs the thumbprint and cert installed ? Engine, Central ?

thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2015-04-14 03:53 PM
Updated by: