Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents & Videos

Documents & videos about Qlik Sense.

Emulating cyclic dimension group in Qlik Sense Desktop

Partner
Partner

Emulating cyclic dimension group in Qlik Sense Desktop

Current version of Qlik Sense Desktop does not support cyclic dimension groups (drilldown groups are supported).

In this post I illustrate how to emulate this functionality. Link to sample applicaiton included.

Tags (1)
Comments
Employee
Employee

Hi Vadim

I have added an extension object to make this a little easier. It resolves the problems you mentioned with how the existing list boxes allow multiple selections and have the confirmation dialog. This extension is a variation on the horizontal list box. It only allows one selected value, displays in a small space, shows all options to the user and which one is currently selected. 

http://community.qlik.com/thread/133044?q=cyclic

The only major issue I have so far is that it allows you to have no value selected. I wasn't able to work out how to enforce that. But you can allow for that in your conditional field logic by defaulting to the first value in the list when no value is selected.

arulsettu
Honored Contributor III

hi vadimtsushko

it possible to use drill down in this cyclic dimension..

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Hi, Arul.

I'm afraid, I do not fully comprehend your question. AFAIK we drill down on hierarchical dimension group and just switch dimension in the case of cyclic dimension group. That's the basic difference between the two kinds of dimension grouping.

0 Likes
arulsettu
Honored Contributor III

thanks for your reply. actually what i did in qlikview is 4 dimension in a chart as cyclic group. and in that cyclic group i need to do drill down for a single dimension. for that i created two charts. one for cyclic and another for drill down based on hide and show.

my issue is hide and show is not available in sense.

so i am looking for some other solution.

i hope you got my point

Thanks

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

Well, that feature - conditions to show or hide individual charts, expressions and so on - is prominently absent in Qlik Sense. For that sort of dynamic behaviour, you could probably only create  a mashup on base of Qlik Sense application.

0 Likes
arulsettu
Honored Contributor III

so drill down in cyclic group is not possible right...

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

I still not sure I correctly understand your requirements, but I believe such a scenario is not achievable without mashup:

for that i created two charts. one for cyclic and another for drill down based on hide and show.
0 Likes
arulsettu
Honored Contributor III

if i send a sample it would be easy for you to understand

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

I think so

0 Likes
arulsettu
Honored Contributor III

please check this link

Re: cyclic dimension giving null values

and one more thing it showing null values also.

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2014-08-01 10:53 AM
Updated by: