Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents

Documents for Qlik Sense related information.

Publish QlikView Document (link) to Qlik Sense Hub

Employee
Employee

Publish QlikView Document (link) to Qlik Sense Hub

This video shows you how to configure the QlikView Management Console and how to publish a link to a QlkView document in the Qlik Sense hub.

NOTE: To increase resolution or size of the video, select the YouTube logo in the bottom right of the player. You will be brought directly to YouTube where you can increase the resolution and size of the player window. Look for the 'settings' gears icon in the lower right of the player once at YouTube.

Comments
Not applicable

This is a really interesting addition. The information provided does not seem to fully show how to set it up, i.e. I cannot see anywhere that the location of the Sense Server has been entered. Please could you include a URL to the location of information on how to configure? (I have looked in QlikView 12 help and cannot see it.)

Thanks

Al.

Employee
Employee

Hi Al, I agree there are some assumptions here. I am getting my own environments ready so I can create video topics on this feature. It is definitely more involved then using a standard Qlik Sense environment as it requires QlikView on 1 machine and Qlik Sense on another machine - AND both machines need to be able to talk to one another so they need to share common network and security configurations (certificates, security groups,firewalls etc., user directories, etc.)  Here is the help topic in the Qlik Sense section: QlikView documents in Qlik Sense ‒ Qlik Sense - but it seems to be assuming you know how to do a few more steps like exporting certs from sense. I will update this document with the content I create as soon as I get my environment set up - but if you have issues, Qlik Support or your Qlik rep should be able to get the help you need. Also - post a discussion in the forums too, that may help expedite and address your issues.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Not applicable

Yup, seen that Hep site – does not tell us anything further. ☺

I shall await your next post.

Thanks

Al.

How does this work re QlikView CAL vs. QlikSense Tokens ?

As in does an end user need QlikView or QlikSense licences or both ?

Employee
Employee

Hi Bill - I would assume yes, as this capability would use standard licensing from the QlikView system as we are only publishing the link to the document in the Access Point, into the Qlik Sense hub. The user who is logged in to Qlik Sense, most likely will have access to both systems. Let me know if this is clear.

cpiocpio
Contributor

Hi All

Am I right in assuming that the procedure described here is only available if you run Enterprise or Publisher editions of QlikVIew. Since the SBS version (now withdrawn) does not have a "Source Docs" button accessible and only allows publishing to itself, ie not multiple or alternate QV or QS server?

Mike

Employee
Employee

Hello Mike, I believe you are correct. I will verify for accuracy.

brindlogcool
Contributor III

Hi Michael,

How does the unified hub works if the QlikView server has two urls (Internal and External).

wonyi_kang
Visitor
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎06-22-2016 12:46 PM
Updated by:
Employee