Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Qlik GeoAnalytics - Creating a Drill-down Area Map

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Qlik GeoAnalytics - Creating a Drill-down Area Map

Last Update:

Jan 31, 2017 1:31:33 PM

Updated By:

Michael_Tarallo

Created date:

Jan 31, 2017 1:31:33 PM

Attachments

This brief video shows you how to create a very simple Area map using Qlik GeoAnalytics for Qlik Sense.

NOTE: To increase resolution or size of the video, select the YouTube logo at the bottom right of the player. You will be brought directly to YouTube where you can increase the resolution and size of the player window. Look for the 'settings' gears icon in the lower right of the player once at YouTube.

Sample data attached.

More Qlik GeoAnalytics Videos

Main Video Index

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mike, is there any way to add meaningful labels to the expressions? e.g. sum expressions.

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Kanchan - perhaps - let me see if patricn‌ can assist.

0 Likes
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi, do you mean in the legend boxes? Yes, you can add a label, that will replace the formula.

Legend boxes also have title, subtitle and footer that can be customized, also with an expression.

Thanks,

Patric

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Patric. I still have a problem. I added Legend titles and Labels to Area Map layer and they do show up but the issue is the long expressions still show up in pop ups of Map. I need to get rid of it and display like name of the expression and numbers.GeoMap Image.bmp

0 Likes
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Ok, got it. Click more and go to the Info bubble section and write your own expression.

It should be a string and can have html tags like this

='<b>' & County & '</b><br>' &

sum(your expression) & ' patients.'

Qlik GeoAnalytics for Qlik Sense reference documentation

0 Likes
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to recreate this in QlikView and I'm running into issues with Drill-down group. I've created the State Drill drill down group:

StateDrill.png

After that, I replaced the dimensions for both area layers with StateDrill drill-down group and set the Restrict Drill Down to 0 and 1:

Area Layer 1.png

When I click on Florida state on the map, I receive the following error:

ErrorMessage.png

Side note, I've followed the steps in QlikSense without issues. The error also doesn't come up in QlikView if the drill-down group simply has two dimensions, like this:

StateDrill2.png

But then, the field is not fully qualified and the map looks off:

BadMap.PNG

Has anyone else faced this? Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Mikhail B.

0 Likes
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Mikhail,

That sounds strange, can you start a new thread a share the app?

Thanks,

Patric

0 Likes
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Patric,

I've posted a question and attached the app to a post in Qlik GeoAnalytics group. Here's the link:

QlikView GeoAnalytics Unexpected Exception Occured Error

Mikhail

0 Likes
DiogoCWB
Contributor
Contributor

Someone knows why these videos about GeoAnalytics are unavailable ?

We still have some community which use QlikView and GeoAnalytics and such kind of video still valuable.

0 Likes
Dan36
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can you pls repost or make video public?

0 Likes
Version history
Last update:
‎2017-01-31 01:31 PM
Updated by: