Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents & Videos

Documents & videos about Qlik Sense.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2020: Join us May 11 - 14, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ. Register early and save $400. Learn More

Qlik Sense 3.1 - Using Unpivot (video)

Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense 3.1 - Using Unpivot (video)

This video shows you how to use the new Unpivot functionality in Qlik Sense 3.1 - that shows you how to load pivot table or crosstabular data as a source into your app.

Sample data and app is attached to this document.

NOTE: To increase resolution or size of the video, select the YouTube logo at the bottom right of the player. You will be brought directly to YouTube where you can increase the resolution and size of the player window. Look for the 'settings' gears icon in the lower right of the player once at YouTube.

Comments
jonbmorrison
New Contributor III

MIke,

As with the Column selection options and the header exclusion option is there perhaps a possibility that such a select/deselect box could be provided for the rows?  Or alternatively a 'footer' 'height' option be available.  While you showed how the Load Editor can be used, once that's tweaked the more user friendly Data Manager is no longer viable and the understanding curve gets steeper for less experienced self service users...  Perhaps something for a dot release?

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Jon - thanks for your comment - I will take this information to my next "ideation" meeting and submit the concerns / request on your behalf. I am not sure where the rest of this is headed, but If I hear anything I will let you know.

0 Likes
delmak2000
Contributor

Hi Mike,

If they were a lot of columns to unpivot, I notice using the keys shift or control key doesn't allow for multiple selections of the columns to unpivot. Is there a way to select a multiple columns to achieve the unpivot?

Thanks

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Ayodele,

Sorry for the delay - I tried it - it seems only single click is available, I will enter in as a new feature request, but there aren't any promises that it will be in a future release. Thanks for your support!

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2016-09-14 04:10 PM
Updated by: