Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents & Videos

Documents & videos about Qlik Sense.

Qlik Sense - Creating a Map Visualization

Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense - Creating a Map Visualization

See: Qlik Sense 3.1 - Understanding Geographic Data Profiling (video) - for more detailed information.

Note: It may be necessary to view this video from the YouTube site, in order to access the full screen and resolution controls. Simply click the YouTube logo found in the bottom right of the player. Controls in the embedded player vary per browser.

_

Comments
Employee
Employee

Hi Abde,

Please post questions such as these here: New to Qlik Sense that way others can reply. Otherwise it may go unanswered as I may miss the notification. If you have latitude and longitude in your data - you should be able to do so - this video shows you how. If you have an issue let us know by posting a question in the forums,

Regards,

Mike

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

How can I get a KML file for Australian Post Codes ? I have the latitude and longitude file with me but not the KML file. Please let me know. I have to build a polygon map for Australian Post.

Regards

Ajay

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Ajay - here is what I found to work well, I am not sure if it classifies by postal codes, but you may want to take a look -  I outlined it in this post:

Re: Re: Help with steps to create Map of Nigeria (Africa) to Interact with Sales Data

Here is the summary:

You may want to post this on the main forums that way others can see it and may be able to assist even more.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello. I am new to Qlik Sense and trying to create a U.S. map showing Alaska and Hawaii adjacent to the continental U.S. Is there a way to do this using Qlik Sense Cloud? Thanks.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hello Tom, sorry for the delay - for future reference it is best to open a discussion thread such as this in the main forums sections Qlik Sense Forums vs adding a comment to a document or video, that way we can get more eyes on the topic.

That being said, I can provide a work-around to this where you can provide the US, Alaska and Hawaii as separate map objects. I have a sample I can share. Open the discussion and start typing @michael_tarallo and I will be reference and notified and attach the sample. I cannot attach samples in the comment sections.

Let me know if this works - see screen shot:

Thanks

Mike T

Qlik

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

May you share the app using a link this time?

0 Likes
svinnakota
Contributor

Hi Michael, i want to calculate the latitude and longitude values dynamically. I am having the city, country, state fields. By taking any city field as input the latitude and longitude values should be calculated. Can you help me in achieving this?

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hello Santosh,

Qlik does not GEOCODE locations, the data must contain LAT and LONG coordinates, we realize this, however we are working on some solutions to address this as well. Note: our valued partner network also offers an extensive collections of mapping services that integrate with Qlik Sense that you might be interested in, you can check them out here: Qlik Market: Business Discovery for Everyone - mapping

HTH

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

0 Likes
datalakeyu
Valued Contributor

Hi Michael,

I would like to create a point map to show the sum of population and sum of income at each US city.

I use  the following:

"GeoMakePoint(Latitude, Longitude) as Location" to create a city point map

"sum(Population )"  as measure to show total population of each city.

However, how could also add "sum(Income)"  as measure to show total income of each city at the same time on the same map?

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
svinnakota
Contributor

Hi Datalakeyu,

Yes, we can add the population in the measure by Concatenating the required column.

'&' is the concatenation symbol. 

In Measure : Sum(population) &'

Income is : ' sum(income)

After the single quote click Enter and then enter the text and close the quote and then the equation .

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2014-07-25 12:42 PM
Updated by: