Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents & Videos

Documents & videos about Qlik Sense.

Qlik Sense - Creating a Map Visualization

Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense - Creating a Map Visualization

See: Qlik Sense 3.1 - Understanding Geographic Data Profiling (video) - for more detailed information.

Note: It may be necessary to view this video from the YouTube site, in order to access the full screen and resolution controls. Simply click the YouTube logo found in the bottom right of the player. Controls in the embedded player vary per browser.

_

Comments
datalakeyu
Valued Contributor

Hi Santosh,
Thanks for your help!
I put the following at the Expression of Measure:
In Measure :
Sum(population) &'
Income is : ' sum(income)

In Measure :
Sum(population) &'
Income is : '   & sum(income)

Both the above do not work.
Could we use text ('Income is : ') in the Expression of Measure? (We can use text in the Expression of Text&image to show information; but the requirement is show information when I put the computer mouse on top the cities)
Any suggestion is appreciated!

0 Likes
svinnakota
Contributor

Hi Datalakeyu,

Yes, We can include the text in the expression. But i don't think we can use the image. For me it is working perfectly.

Sorry, I forgot to include on more '&' in the previous syntax.

If possible can you please provide Screen shot or the type of error it is showing. And please check the syntax/case sensitive of functions and variables.

'&' is the concatenation symbol.

In Measure : Sum(population) &'

Income is : ' & Sum(income)

After the single quote click Enter and then enter the text and close the quote and then the equation .

0 Likes
datalakeyu
Valued Contributor

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your help!

I created a qvf file.

As I can not attach it here.

I attach it in the following thread at Qlik community.

How to create point map with two measure layers with Qlik sense?

Re: How to create point map with two measure layers with Qlik sense?         

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hello Haikuo,

You could also use color by expression to plot 2 metrics - check this video out:

Qlik Sense in 60 - Color by Expression - YouTube

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

P.S. - please open discussions with question in new threads so we get a full set of community eyes on the topic. Otherwise, only those who have commented on this post will only see your question.

0 Likes
datalakeyu
Valued Contributor

Hi Michael,
Thanks so much for your help!
I would like to create a point map to show the sum of population and sum of income at each US city. When I put the computer mouse at the city, it will show the city name, sum of population in that city, and sum of income in that city.

I use  the following:
"GeoMakePoint(Latitude, Longitude) as Location" to create a city point map.

"sum(Population )"  as measure to show total population of each city.

However, how could I also add "sum(Income)"  as measure to show total income of each city at the same time on the same map?

I could create color with Expression at Color&Legend part, but that still can not show all the information.

I have posted a discussion and qvf file at Qlik community with the dataset you provided on Qlik community.

How to create point map with two measure layers with Qlik sense?

Re: How to create point map with two measure layers with Qlik sense?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Great update ! Thanks Michael

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using Qlik Desktop for the first time, and I wanted to try the Map options of Qlik. I was referring to this tutorial, but when I open the data manager its saying that the table could not be loaded from the source. What might be the problem? I tried refreshing, but of no use. Kindly help.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Jeril - can you open a discussion thread here:New to Qlik Sense  - more of the community members will see this and be happy to help. More information is needed to help troubleshoot, please include some screenshots and prior steps - for example - are you using  your own data and creating this from a brand new app, are you using the attached samples etc? Thanks

Not applicable

Thanks Micheal. I will do that.

0 Likes
sachinjoshilkar
New Contributor II

Thanks mike.. That helped a lot understanding maps.. Now since geo analytics is a separate feature, we can still use this...

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎07-25-2014 12:42 PM
Updated by: