Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents & Videos

Documents & videos about Qlik Sense.

Qlik Sense - Creating a Map Visualization

Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense - Creating a Map Visualization

See: Qlik Sense 3.1 - Understanding Geographic Data Profiling (video) - for more detailed information.

Note: It may be necessary to view this video from the YouTube site, in order to access the full screen and resolution controls. Simply click the YouTube logo found in the bottom right of the player. Controls in the embedded player vary per browser.

_

Comments
alexcastorena
New Contributor III

Hi Mike,
Can you please send me the US, State, City, Zip Code KML?
I'm fairly new to Qlik and it's exactly what I need.

Thank You

Alex

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Alex - with the latest version of Qlik Sense - you no longer need to use KML - if you have Country, City or ISO codes in your data. We will automatically generate the location data coordinate points for you. Let me know if you have tried that. If you still need the KML - please start a new discussion thread in the forum as I cannot attache anything to a comment reply.

Thanks

0 Likes
alan_richmond
Contributor

Hi Mike,

great to see the automatic mapping by cities etc. under Sense June 2017

What about mapping to an address when we DO have a lat long geocode as we could pre June release?

Regards,

Alan

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Alan - this is a future feature (it may be available sooner, I have not heard yet) of a licensed product we have - Qlik GeoAnalytics - the Qlik GeoAnalytics Connector Qlik GeoAnalytics Connector « bi.idevio.com - There is a feature: PointToAddressLookup

PointToAddressLookup – Get the address close to a point i.e. reverse geocoding. Requires separate license. (Qlik Geocoding, not released yet)

- you can learn more about these features here: http://bi.idevio.com/geoanalytics/features

Note that the connector takes in input from your tables and provides output - it is very powerful, but does take some training to understand how to use it properly.

HTH

0 Likes
mirna_malaeb
New Contributor

Hello Michael,

I tried to load cities in Lebanon and i changed the data type into Geo -> City when preparing the data, Qlik recognized 8 out of 25 cities. Please advice. How does Qlik recognize the city name (based on what?) ? Is there any list of cities that you can share so I can map my values to it?

Thank you in advance,

0 Likes
sachinnataraj
New Contributor III

Hello mto,

I am struggelling in adding a map according to the 2 digit postal code regions and to whole europe. could you please help me with this. Do you have KML file for all postal code from Europe?

Or can you suggest me where can i find this?

Thank you in advance,

Sachin

0 Likes
annelie_vanwyk
New Contributor

Hi Michael

In the beginning of the video you show the default map that is currently already in Qlik Sense. Is there a way to add data to that current map to make it location specific?

0 Likes
david_pearson
New Contributor III

Hi @Michael_Tarallo

this is just what i was looking for. i am using the Nov 2017  Qlik sense and have downloaded your excel file to try this. I've followed your video exactly however in data manager, looking at the tables, the city, country and countryISO fields are geo tagged but when editing the sheet they arent. Any ideas? i have tried to reload in the app in edit view with no change to the data fields formats.

App.PNGData Manager.PNG

thanks 

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎07-25-2014 12:42 PM
Updated by: