Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents & Videos

Documents & videos about Qlik Sense.

Qlik Sense - Creating a Map Visualization

Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense - Creating a Map Visualization

See: Qlik Sense 3.1 - Understanding Geographic Data Profiling (video) - for more detailed information.

Note: It may be necessary to view this video from the YouTube site, in order to access the full screen and resolution controls. Simply click the YouTube logo found in the bottom right of the player. Controls in the embedded player vary per browser.

_

Comments
Not applicable

Great video explaining different options to create a Map in QlikSense.

Not applicable

Nice video.

Is it possible to use your own background picture (.jpg .gif etc)? 

I made this one [see below] in QlikView using Scatter Chart with X and Y coords and would really like to be able to do something similar in QlikSense.

Capture.GIF

http://community.qlik.com/message/725341#725341

Employee
Employee

Hi Fjalar,

I did not see this message, I apologize for the delay in the response. No currently this is not possible, but maybe with an Extension Object. You may want to check out Qlik Branch - The Front Page periodically to request or see if something like this can be / has been done for Qlik Sense.

Stay Well

Mike T

Qlik

satishkurra
Valued Contributor II

Hi Michael

Can we display more than 1 metric in QLiksense maps.

my measures as Revenue, Cost, Margin and Margin%

NOte: Right now it is displaying the error message as The action you are attempting cannot be applied to this Visualization

Thanks

Satish

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Satish - yes - with version 1.1 - you can color by expression - so the size of the dot - reflects to the metric on the layer - then the color by - can be another expression - where the color gradient depicts the measure.

You can see this here: Qlik Sense – Map Chart Object Part 3 – 1.1 Update (video)

It is around the 1 min 50 sec mark.

HTH - please post all new questions to the New to Qlik Sense

Regards,

Mike T

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don´t know why, but it isn´t working for me. I´m trying the second method, but I received this error message every time: "The action you are trying to perform couldn´t be applyed to this visualization".

Can anyone help me?

(Sorry about my english).erro.jpg

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Marjorie - I recently just found out that a behavior changed, where using GeoMakePoint in a dimension in the master items,  no longer works. You must use it in the load script instead. However, this has been fixed in our latest release due out shortly so you will be able to define GeoMakePoint in a dimension under the master items. Hope this helps. Please also post these types of question in the forums, that way you are assured responses from the entire community. Comments on videos will only alert me or others who have commented.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Not applicable

Thank you, Michael.

I'm trying to use this in script, but the error message persists. Sorry for post in the wrong place, I'll try to open a post in forum asking about this. The map seems incomplet, without any data.

2.png

1.png

Thanks for the advice!

Best regards,

Marjorie.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Link for post in forum: Problem to generate a map

0 Likes
Not applicable

My latitude and longitude numbers were in the wrong format. It's working now. Thanks!!!

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2014-07-25 12:42 PM
Updated by: