Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents & Videos

Documents & videos about Qlik Sense.

Qlik Sense Data Architect Certification v2 Preparation

Partner
Partner

Qlik Sense Data Architect Certification v2 Preparation

Today, I passed the Qlik Sense Data Architect Certification Exam - v2!! (Albeit by the skin of my teeth). I thought I would share some of my thoughts on how to better prepare for this exam for others who might be interested. Overall, it was a great experience and I actually learned some things while taking the test that I can use to further improve the dashboards and data load scripts that I've already built!

To briefly clarify the logistics of the exam:

• Test takers have 150 minutes (two and a half hours)
  • The test consists of one part with 66 questions (2.3 minutes per question)
  • 65% is the passing grade (43 questions correct out of 66)
  • Test consists of only multiple choice and multiple-select questions
  • Scoring: Upon review of my test results I have reason to believe one of the following is true:
    • Either questions are weighted differently in terms of how much they contribute to your final score, or
    • Partial credit is rewarded for questions where you have to select multiple options (select 2 of the 5 choices...)

First and foremost, the practice tests provided by Qlik (Take the Qlik Skills Assessment: Become A Power User) are not an accurate measure of whether you'll be able to pass the certification exam. If you're going to spend time doing these practice tests, don't worry so much about getting a good score, but research all of the potential answers to help guide your studies to areas you may be weaker in.

The main source of my studying over the past week was using the Qlik Sense Documentation (go figure): https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Content/Guides.htm. I focused more on the "Manage data" and "Script syntax and chart functions" PDFs as I thought those were more aligned with this particular exam. It particularly helps to learn about the powerful functions in the Qlik Engine that you may not use a lot like QUALIFY, PEEK, LOAD vs. CONCATENATE, GENERIC LOAD, and Section Access.

Additionally, I've had this Set Analysis: syntaxes, examples document on my desk for years now. It's fairly old, but it explains the concepts of set analysis very well and I've pretty much committed it to memory. It was an enormous help for this test.

My last piece of advice is to TEST EVERYTHING OUT FOR YOURSELF. Every practice question and every new function you learn should be tested out in a dashboard or data load script you've made for yourself. This is the ultimate way to learn for me and it helps learn some other useful things along the way. I've been using Qlik Sense for about a year and a half now and over this past week I learned so much more just by building various things in a test dashboard.

Good Luck!

-Tim

Comments
Employee
Employee

All, please note, the Skills Assessments are NOT Certification Practice Exams. The Skills Assessments are used to create a recommendation for which training class to take.

Please visit the Qlik Sense Certification web page, where we have recently published FREE Practice Questions in the "Recommended Preparation Resources" sections.

http://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/qlik-sense-certification

Partner
Partner

Awesome, thanks for posting. To clarify, you have to follow the link, go to the "Recommended Preparation Materials" for the certification of your choice, then add the Practice Questions item to your cart, and follow the checkout process.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello,

Is it possible to pass the exam if I just study all the necessary materials provided above while having no working exp?

Thanks,

Ngan Nguyen

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Not likely. Hands on experience with the product in a production environment is recommended.

oknotsen
Honored Contributor III

As of today candidates can now register for the v3 version of this exam.

The translated versions of the Qlik Sense version 2 exams will be available until the end of 2016. There are currently no plans for translating the exam in the foreseeable future, so consider the next few weeks as your last chance if you want to do the exam in Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese or Spanish.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Everyone - Here's an update about the Qlik Sense Version 2 translated exams: we will extend the time they are available until 2017, I'm not sure exactly when they will be taken down. At this moment we still do not have plans to translate the Qlik Sense Version 3 exams, so if it's important for you to take the exam in Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese or Spanish, I suggest you register ASAP. Good luck!

Partner
Partner

Thanks for the info

0 Likes
kkkumar82
Valued Contributor III

Hi,

What is the current version in which Qlik Sense architect certification uses

One more question how the Administration part , that QMC we have to concentrate for Architect certification,

please let us know.

0 Likes
oknotsen
Honored Contributor III

What is the current version in which Qlik Sense architect certification uses

One more question how the Administration part , that QMC we have to concentrate for Architect certification,

please let us know.

The current version is 3 (which also is the current Qlik Sense version).

Version 4 will probably go live in November / December 2017.

Version 5 will probably go live in November / December 2018.

how the Administration part , that QMC we have to concentrate for Architect certification,

Not really sure what you are trying to asks here, so only guessing:

Yes, you will need to understand how to use the QMC in order to pass this exam.

For more information, go here:

http://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/qlik-sense-certification

0 Likes
kkkumar82
Valued Contributor III

Thanks for your reply,I was just checking whether we have to concentrate on server part like QMC for architect exam and also want to know which is the current the version the exam uses.

Hope Iam clear now

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2016-08-26 03:16 PM
Updated by: