Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents & Videos

Documents & videos about Qlik Sense.

Qlik Sense - Global Smart Search (video)

Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense - Global Smart Search (video)

Qlik Sense Global Smart Search, in combination with the proven and patented Qlik associative index engine (QIX), dynamically reveals associations in the data; driving data discovery by simply using keywords as search terms. It provides the freedom to explore data from any point in your analysis and answer any question on the fly.

Sometimes you may simply not know where to start, but you may know what questions to ask.

This applies to both Qlik Sense Desktop and Server.

8-14-2014 4-13-41 PM.png

Note: To maintain any existing / current selections prior to using the Global Smart search, it is necessary to lock them. In the current selection bar, select the selection you wish to keep before using Global Search and click the padlock icon. This will keep your previous searches and not overwrite them when using Global Search.

8-15-2014 8-56-11 AM.png

8-15-2014 8-56-31 AM.png

Watch this brief video to learn more:

Comments
alexmosq
New Contributor III

Wildcards not supported in Sense? Global search

Employee
Employee

Hi Alex - I'll check with the product team to understand the improvements planned for this area and get back to you.

Mike

alexmosq
New Contributor III

Thank you, Michael!

Employee
Employee

Hi Alex - I got confirmation that wildcard is on the road map for a future release, I don't have a time-frame as of yet. HTH

Mike

alexmosq
New Contributor III

Ok! Thanks for the quick reply!

Not applicable

Any chances of implementing the global search feature in QlikView

Employee
Employee

Hello Srikar - I will check with R&D - as I understand it, version 12 of QlikView will be sharing the same patented QIX engine as Qlik Sense - so IMHO I see this as a possibility - but will get confirmation for you.

Mike

Not applicable

Thanks Michael

kkkumar82
Valued Contributor III

Hi Michael,

Can we have a search as an object like in Qlikview or while integrating Qliksense into a web application can we have search object in the UI.

Hope so you have understood my question.

Regards

KK

Employee
Employee

Hi KK - for reference please post these question in the New to Qlik Sense - thanks.

Yes the - search bar is a part of every app automatically - it is built into the default interface. In regards to integration, yes - you can integrate the search bar as an option. Check out these videos and the help doc to learn more:

Here is an example of HTML code using the Mash-up API:

<body style="overflow:auto"><div id="CurrentSelections" class="qvobjects" style="position:fixed; top:0px; left:0px; width:100%;, height:35px;"> </div>

Mike T

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎08-14-2014 04:15 PM
Updated by: