Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents

Documents for Qlik Sense related information.

Qlik Sense Platform - Qlik Management Console User Directory Connector - Part 5

Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Platform - Qlik Management Console User Directory Connector - Part 5

This video covers the User Directory Connector. The help topic for the UDC can be found here:

Topics Index:

• Introduction to the UDC and Active Directory (AD) configuration: 0 - 6 min
  • Excel (ODBC) UDC Configuration, troubleshooting, table structures: 6 - 11:46 min
  • Example Qlik Sense Security Rule setup using the AD group: 11:46 - 13:30 min
  • UDC Local Network explanation: 13:30 - 14:30 min
  • Wrap up and What's next: 14:30 - 15:22 min

NOTE: To increase resolution or size of the video, select the YouTube logo at the bottom right of the player. You will be brought directly to YouTube where you can increase the resolution and size of the player window. Look for the 'settings' gears icon in the lower right of the player once at YouTube.

Main video index New to Qlik Sense Videos

Can't see the video?

Download the .mp4 and watch from your computer or mobile device.

Security Overview video is also available attached to this page.

Previous Video: Qlik Sense Platform - Qlik Management Console License and Operations Monitor - Part 4

Comments
Not applicable

Very informative video and a link to Help is worth to check as well.

excellent

Not applicable

Good video provided with Excel Doc ...Thankyou..

luis_idrovo
Contributor

With excel users, where the password for each user is specified?

Employee
Employee

Hello Luis,

I am not sure if you watch the entire video or if you recall at one minute and four seconds I stated that the UDC is not a means to configure authentication. It is just a way to pull in user attributes used with the platform security.  Authentication is provided by the proxy service. By default you are using Windows authentication. So passwords are not stored in these external sources.

hope this helps

MIke

Not applicable

Hello,

I hope this chain is still active. Anyway, when I attempt to create any type of UDC I get the errors:

-User Directory Connector is not configured...

-User Directory Connector is not operational.

Obviously this means something during the initial setup process was not configured correctly. My hope is that someone with some experience with this error can point me in the right direction as I cant seem to find any related troubleshooting posts, or anything in reference to this error.

Thanks,

Justin

Employee
Employee

Hi Justin, indeed - very much alive .

A few questions - do you have Qlik Customer Support (did you purchase Qlik Sense) - or are you running a trial of Qlik Sense and working with Pre-Sales? - Qlik Support or Pre-sales should be able to help you directly if you want to take that route.

You can also post your question to this section of the community: Qlik Sense - Installation, Deployment & Management

Myself or someone else will try to help you further.

When you do please attach the logs found in: C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log

I would suggest you stop all the Qlik services,  delete all the log files, restart and attempt to configure the UDC you desire. That way we will have clean logs to work with.

That way we have something to start off with. Includes screenshots and steps you are performing too where applicable.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Not applicable

Thank you for the quick response Mike, I have posted a new string with more detailed information on the issue in the appropriate area you identified above.

Thanks,

Justin

Not applicable

Hi Michael,

I have been facing an issue with my UDC connection:

The excel UDC I created from the attached file is configured and operational.

But when I go to users list, the users from the excel file are not found.

What do you think could be the cause ? How can I fix it ?

Thank you,

Rawad

Employee
Employee

Hello Rawad, thanks for your question. Can you please post it here so others can see it and assist?

Qlik Sense - Installation, Deployment & Management

Thanks

Mike

rialiuswani
New Contributor

Very Informative Video. Thank You

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎10-24-2014 03:39 PM
Updated by: