Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents & Videos

Documents & videos about Qlik Sense.

Qlik Sense Platform - Token Licensing and Assigning Access Passes (video)

Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Platform - Token Licensing and Assigning Access Passes (video)

This video briefly presents Sense Token Licensing and Access Pass allocation. It also walks you through the process to allocate two types of access passes within the Sense platform environment.

Allocating Access Passes Information Guide

Here is a simple scenario to understand the parameters associated with the allocation of a Login Pass Group:

• When you login in for the first time as a user allocated with a Login Pass
    – the
    session time starts counting down -60 mins and counting
  • You can login in as many times as you want (with up to 5 devices) within those 60 mins
    before another Login Pass is consumed
  • If you logout of the session, the 60 min countdown is STILL running, it does not stop
  • If my session times-out after the default session timeout limit (30 mins), the Login Pass countdown is still running
  • If you login in again at 61 mins (new session) or stay in after 60 mins (same session) – another Login Pass will be used
  • The previously used Login Pass will renew and be available after 28 days

Note: It may be necessary to view this video from the YouTube site, in order to access the full screen and resolution controls. Simply click the YouTube logo found in the bottom right of the player. Controls in the embedded player vary per browser.

Comments
ruthvikvn
New Contributor III

Nice video and information. Question about login access pass which is for 1 hour. what happens if a user uses only 20 mins at a time and come back and use  another 25 mins. will it still consume only 1 login access pass  or  it would be 2 login passes consumed ?

Thank you

Ruthvik

Employee
Employee

Hi Ruthvik - it is stored in the same session, so yes that session with the pass is still valid for the full 1 hour time limit. So only 1 pass will be consumed.

Regards,

Mike

korsikov
Valued Contributor II

in QV next server on login pass get 120 minutes access. In sense server changed the duration?

Employee
Employee

Hi Alex - yes it is now 60 mins.

Not applicable

Thanks for the informative video. My question is similar to Ruthvik's but I just wanted to be 100 % confident in the following scenario: Let's say one anonymous user logs on to Qlik Sense, changes some filters and consumes some information and insights, then goes on to do other work and forgets about the Qlik Sense session, not closing the web browser. Will the session continue until it hits 60 minutes and then stop, or will it continue consuming login passes for as long that the web browser is open?

Regards,

Pedro

korsikov
Valued Contributor II

I think there depends on the timeout session. The default  Session timeout is set in the 30 minutes. That is, if the user was working 40 minutes and left the session without closing it until it comes to host the session timeout (+ 30 minutes) will have to take another pass login.

Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply!

awqvuserneo
Contributor

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you could help me with my questions below.

I have assigned a user access and after I logged on using that user, I deleted that user without first de-allocating the user access (token) license. Now, it says "Deleted User" "- Quarantine".

Please help me confirmed which of the statement is correct:

1. For User Access, the quarantine last for 7 days. Does this mean that 1 Token is being quarantined for 7 days? (At the moment, I cannot re-initiate the user, because it's been deleted from QMC (or to be more accurate, perhaps I should say deleted from Repository).

;Or

2. For User Access, once a user is deleted/Token is de-allocated from User Access, if the user logged in from within the past 7 days, then the token will be quarantined. Will the quarantine be released after 24-hours or based on 7 days (minus) the last day when the user logged in ? Ex: if user last logged in 5 days ago, if the user/token is deleted, then the quarantine would be for another 2 days (7-5)?

Another question related to deleted user scenario. If I were to add the user back to Repository, will I be able to re-enable the user, and release the Token from Quarantine? (hoping even though the Token won't be released right away, but assign back to the user)

Thank you in advance,

Cheers,

Anton

Employee
Employee

Hi Anton...thanks for your question.

In answer to your questions (1) and (2) -  when you delete a user that was originally assigned a User Access Pass - that token will be quarantined for 7 days ONLY if it has been used within the last 7 days. Additional information here. For the time being you can simply create another user on the operating system if need be. The quarantine we start from the last time the user logged in. Note just for clarity, you don't delete tokens - you allocate / de-allocated them (assign) them to access types. (i know you know, but for other reading this)

Another question related to deleted user scenario. If I were to add the user back to Repository, will I be able to re-enable the user, and release the Token from Quarantine? (hoping even though the Token won't be released right away, but assign back to the user)

No one of your tokens that "were" assigned will still be unavailable until after the 7 day period from last login. However you can add a new user and assign them another access pass (if tokens are available).

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

awqvuserneo
Contributor

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your quick respond. I re-tested my scenario and it seems my "Reinstate" button is being disabled when I deleted the user without first "De-allocate" the token from the user (If I did not delete the user and "De-allocate" the token, the "Reinstate" button is enabled, so I can re-assign the token to the same person).

I believe the token now is being quarantined and will be released 7 days past when the user last login.

Please correct me if my assumption here is incorrect.  If I first de-allocate the token (which will put the token in quarantine), and then delete the user (this user last logged in was 5 days ago), I would expect the same quarantine procedure will take place, and that token will be released in 2 days.

As best practice, maybe I should to de-allocate the token first, and then delete the user if I want to after 7 days since the user last logged in, to allow me to allocate that token right away.

Just a thought. It would be nice to have a message on the user page (assuming only 1 user is about to be deleted) to help notifying the admin that either a token is still allocated to this user; and even better, if the message could show how many days later that token will be released from quarantine...

Thank you again for your input,

Anton

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎09-12-2014 12:43 PM
Updated by: