Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents

Documents for Qlik Sense related information.

Qlik Sense Quick Installation Guide

Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Quick Installation Guide

Installation of the Qlik® Sense server platform is fairly simple. This guide has been designed to get you started very quickly and assumes the installation of a single Qlik Sense node environment. A single instance will include ALL the services installed in the same system. Please refer to the Qlik Help site (https://help.qlik.com/) for detailed installation and other configuration topics. This guide assumes you have already downloaded the Qlik Sense software installation executable and have placed it in an appropriate directory.

• Make sure any existing QlikView or older beta or Qlik Sense versions have been uninstalled first
  • Make sure ports 443 or 80 are not in use - this includes those in use by Skype
  • Be patient when services are starting after installation
  • The untrusted certificate message in the browser is normal until you change the protocol or add your own trusted cert
  • Make sure you install with an id that has local administrative rights
  • You may need to add you machine address to the Websocket origin white list setting in the proxy
Comments
rospigliosi
Contributor

Usefull, but it would be nice to have a 3.0 version!

srchilukoori
Valued Contributor

Hi,

mto

Is there an updated document for the QS 3.0.x?

Thank you.

Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - (Sadha / Camillo)

I have this on a list of items to prepare - but it is at a lower priority. When this was created it was before we had our comprehensive help site - you can find the installation here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/Installation/Content/InstallationLicensing/Server-D... - however I do agree a quick guide like I created a few years back is worthy. I will attempt to move this up the list.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo
Qlik

srchilukoori
Valued Contributor

Thank you, Michael.

trappersw
Contributor

Thanks! Very usefull!

beck110979
Valued Contributor III

Thanks a lot for your sharing and high quality video-contribution!

isorinrusu
Contributor II

I've got a doubt about point 10, probably due to my almost zero-level knowledge of systems.

So my client has a WS2016 server in a virtual machine, provided by a 3rd party company. I'm trying to install Qlik Sense Server 3.1.6. What address am I allowed to write there? I guess I can't use any URL since the DNS service won't work. Am I obliged to use the default one? What if I want to use other address? (I guess I'll have to redirect it from the server I want to the server's IP, but I'm not sure about it). What if I want to access it via bare IP?

These are some of my doubts. Help, anyone?

rajasekhar6067
New Contributor II

Do we have any document for the latest release of Qlik sense?

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎09-19-2014 07:44 AM
Updated by:
Employee