Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents & Videos

Documents & videos about Qlik Sense.

Qlik Sense - Using Dimension Limitations

Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense - Using Dimension Limitations

Dimension limitations offer a quick and easy way to measure performance of your metrics by assigning user defined limitations, that respect fixed, exact, relative and calculated values. As a result, your visualization will display a reduced set of values according to the definition of the limitation.

Watch this brief video to learn more:

Comments
Not applicable

Cool

munna1317
Contributor II

cool the option is limitation in Qlik Sense

0 Likes
jolivares
Valued Contributor

Great example.  But what if you have make a table like this... adding a dimension.

Dimension: Salesman, Customer, Product.

I want all Salesman, Top 10 Customer by Salesman and Top 5 Product by Customer.

Is it possible?  I already do a expression in QV to do that, but I want to see using the dimension limitations.

Thanks in advanced.

0 Likes
munna1317
Contributor II

hi Juan ,

I thnk this attachment may help you .

Regards ,

Harish !Untitled.png

jolivares
Valued Contributor

Sure, but how you did it...

0 Likes
munna1317
Contributor II

Cool , adding two dimensions and one expression refers (Sales ),

And for 1st dimension We should give limitations 10 refers Sales and 2nd dimension refers Customer

0 Likes
Not applicable

If we have a time dimension, is it possible to limit it on rolling months/YoY etc ?

Employee
Employee

Hi Tom - no there isn't - but if you would like you can post this type of request in this location:

New to Qlik Sense (Ideas)

Mike T

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

It doesn't seem possible to do 'Top 80%' & 'Show Others' (in a Sense Pie chart) which is a very common scenario?

I thought you could use Fixed limit and an expression to count the dim, however while I can calculate all the Pareto values etc. I just can't get it to return a single value / work.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Greg - let me see what jpe‌ may have to say - I  do not believe the Dimension limit feature was designed with Pareto analysis in mind.

Hi Jonathan - thoughts?

0 Likes
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2014-08-18 05:28 PM
Updated by: