Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

QlikSense Extension: Range Variable Slider

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

QlikSense Extension: Range Variable Slider

Last Update:

Aug 31, 2016 5:23:41 AM

Updated By:

IAMDV

Created date:

Aug 31, 2016 5:23:41 AM

As you know in QlikView, we have slider object which works great on the variable for what-if analysis. I have built the similar object using Sense APIs - "Sense-Variable-Slider"; which I have thoroughly tested on Chrome browser. It works on IE but yucks! Well, who wants to use IE!? If you decided to use IE, themes won't work.

sense-variable-slider supports following features:

• Single Value Slider
  • Expression support for Start, End and Step values
  • Dual Value Slider with Min, Max and Step values
  • Slider Themes
  • Label Show/Hide
  • Custom Label with Expression Support
  • Custom Label Formatting

Note: For range slider/dual value slider – you will have two data points, min and max numbers are delimited by pipe " | ". So you should use SUBFIELD() function in QlikSense to extract the min and max values from the variable.

Extension Download URIs:

Let me know if you find any bug or ping me for further enhancements.

How to use the extension:

sense-variable-slider.gif

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Comments
bijoylalu007
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi dvqlikview

How can we keep two Slider in one sheet and assign each value in two different KPI's ??

Actually now for me, both KPI's are getting changed to same value on changing one slider

0 Likes
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi, Bijoy - Sorry, I haven't built that functionality. I can tweak the code but I need some time. It won't be in a week. Also, you can take my code from Github and make the changes.

All the best!

Cheers,

DV

0 Likes
bijoylalu007
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Dear Deepak,

Appreciate your comment. Can you make that feature available in the slider, it will fit on many requirements.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Bijoy

0 Likes
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

OK sure. I have my exams in a few weeks. I can look into it after that. I shall update once done.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Deepak,

Any update on the request ?

Regards,

Bijoy

0 Likes
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Good work,

Thank's for sahring

Saludos,

Enrique Colomer

0 Likes
jbchurchill
Creator
Creator

Just came across this I was hoping someone had built something like this. I'm trying to do something that spans a user-customizable/configurable range (number of days) like is done in this power BI application.Double-ended slider (Power BI)Double-ended slider (Power BI)

We are trying to duplicate the Power BI Application and this would help us out quite a bit. 

Version history
Last update:
‎2016-08-31 05:23 AM
Updated by: