Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Enterprise Documents & Videos

Documents & videos about Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Qlik® Product Spotlight: Discover what’s possible. Get more from our products.
See for yourself. Register today.

Steps to Change : Qlik Sense - Billions number format 'G' to 'B'

lakshmikandh
Valued Contributor II

Steps to Change : Qlik Sense - Billions number format 'G' to 'B'

*** Sorry **** Content is removed as editing the base javascript files is Support License Agreement Violation ***

Comments
praveenavelagap
Contributor III

Will Qlik Support allows permit to change base files?

lakshmikandh
Valued Contributor II

Hi mto‌,

Is this above change allowed to do by the users if they want to change the symbols used in default number formatting ?

T‌hanks,

Lakshmikandh

lakshmikandh
Valued Contributor II

have to check with Qlik team

Employee
Employee

Hello Lakshmikandh,

I spoke with the R&D and products team, technically, that code change violates the support agreement as source code is being modified. I would say the recommended approach would be to use a custom format instead.

"One way to do is to have measure expression to Divide by 1000000000 and apply this custom format : #,##0 B, but in that case it will have issue when measure gets a smaller number than Billions in same selection for other dimension values."

This expression might need modification with conditional logic to detect values less than Billions so you could use another appropriate expression.

HTH

lakshmikandh
Valued Contributor II

Hi Michael,

Is there any possibility in near future to have an option to switch the symbols from SI units ?

Lot of our clients not used to that "G" instead of "B".

Thanks,

Lakshmikandh

guruprem
Contributor III

Dear lakshmikandh ,

I request you to remove this post from community as changing source code is illegal. Qlik License Agreement clearly mentions it. However I agree the issue raised is a bit uneasy for users. Let us go ahead with some conditional logic.

lakshmikandh
Valued Contributor II

Hi mto‌, Should i remove this post Michael?

Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - In the spirit of community - information for the most part is transparent and should be shared. It is of the owner's discretion to take responsibility - but in this instance as source code changes are being made - it does violate the license agreement. I will allow you to remove i - please DM me when you have.

Appreciate your efforts.

Regards

Mike

lakshmikandh
Valued Contributor II

Thanks Mike , Removed the content

Hi,

maybe helpful:

Re: Number formatting - millions to billions

regards

Marco

Version history