Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Export total straight table to Excel

mwanders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Export total straight table to Excel

Hi Qlik,

With the export to Excel function Qlik doesn't export the column total with a straight tabel. With the export of a pivot table the total of a dimension is exported.

Maybe a good idea to export the column total of a straight table. My customers are creating now their own totals in Excel and cost time.

Greetings

Martijn Wanders

25 Comments
Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

Hi, this is not in our short-term roadmap. Our current investments into making Enterprise Reporting an awesome and important part of the product result in a number of tradeoffs and we hope to get back to this item at some point. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
SchalkB1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Good day

I have received numerous requests from customers to be able to export the Total in a Qlik Sense Table to Excel.

I subsequently searched through Qlik Community and various conversation threads where I have noticed that this was identified as a requirement/suggestion in 2016 already. Thereafter there were numerous posts indicating that it is either solved, or suggested to upgrade to the latest version or that it is by design (what type of design is this?)

I have just upgraded to April 2020 and what a disappointment that it is still not enabled. I do think that Qlik should priorities this in their short-term road map as I am now confronted with statements that the competitive products can do it. This is a real requirement and not just a nice to have anymore.

Feature Request ID:        ID: 1434 - QlikSense - export totals row in table to Excel.

Feedback:                          Qlik has previously received feedback on this feature and recorded the request for future review. For up to date information, please contact support at (support.qlik.com) referencing this article.

May I ask for official feedback from Qlik(that I can share with my clients)on the progress of the above request.

Thanks in advance

martingries
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Good idea and even better if we could have the option to show the selections in the Excel file (like in QlikView)

Eva_Z
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same need, my company used QlikView and we are moving to QlikSense, but the lack of totals and selections info in the export is a big problem for a lot of users.

I hope that Qlik reconsiders the decision and prioritize this point, or they'll end up losing a lot of users.

IsakBosman
Contributor II
Contributor II

I support the above mentioned request. It will definitely add a lot more value to the Qlik Sense offering.

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

This seems like a simple addition that would be a good win. I agree it would be nice to have this. 

stiles16
Contributor II
Contributor II

I'm asked this constantly after we converted all our apps from QV to QS.  The users don't like adding the totals back in and sometimes those total row values aren't simple summary functions based on all rows.

AminRayani
Contributor
Contributor

Failed to understand why it is not there in the first place. I do not understand why Qlik has to even review this requirement (Just put it in, as simple as that). It is straight forward functionality (Pivot tables does it) they have missed to put in. One of many set backs experienced moving to QS from QV.

jcamps
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This is so clearly a product gap, that has bee there from Qlik Sense 1.0 and still lacking. This is unexplainable. Plus, as a feature, it is in some aspects an excuse to use other visualization platforms.

CosminaBICS
Contributor II
Contributor II

I support the above mentioned request. 

It is very annoying if we export columns from QS report that we don’t have the total figures. Means for every export we need to add manually the formula’s to have the totals & weighted values (%).