Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Qlik Sense: Support Copy and Paste

kevinpintokpa
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik Sense: Support Copy and Paste

Currently, the only way to get info out of Qlik Sense objects is via the kludgy workaround of exporting to Excel.

Qlik Sense should support copy and paste in much finer detail, similar to QlikView, including:

1)  Copy and paste the contents of a table.

2)  Copy and paste the contents of an individual cell in a table.

3)  Copy and paste the contents of filter panes / list boxes (currently selected / possible values).

7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not being able to have that fundamental interaction with what you see creates a sense of working with your data locked in behind a pane of glass.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to be a pain, but is there any chance we can get an update from the dev team on this topic? Is this something that's being considered or are we stuck without it? Thanks!

michal
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I agree.

I have seen customers few times (even those that have never seen QlikView!) trying to copy a "cell value" from list box.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

This has been entered into the ideation system - and I see some strong support for it. I also voted up on this.

campbellr
Creator
Creator

I agree. I started with QV but my org changed to QS. Some degree of muttering and grumbling followed from myself and fellow devs in the org. This and the inability to export data as anything but excel are a source of regular frustration when building

John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee
Archiving due to the age of the idea.
John_Teichman
Former Employee
Former Employee

Status changed to: Closed - Archived