Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Re-select possible

gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Re-select possible

I would like to request a "Re-select all" capability in anything selection related. 

In the selection tool, if selections are already made, the "Select possible" option is deactivated, even though the actual "possible" values are fewer than the currently selected due to selections in other fields. I see no reason for this deactivation. The user should be able to reselect possible. Maybe make it a seperate option.

A strong pro argument is that the functionality already exists with calculated dimensions. Suppose I have a calculated dimension named "Segment" based on the field [Customer Code]. If I make a selection on "Segment", some [Customer Code]s are selected. If I do other stuff (without removing the original [Customer Code] selection), and I again select a value from "Segment" (which has now changed due to its dynamic nature), the Customer Code selection gets updated with the new possible values but having also considered the previous selection - so a "Reselect all" has been made.

This functionality will be very useful in multi-step calculations.

3 Comments
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks,
Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived