Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ganapati_h
Partner Ambassador Alumni
Partner Ambassador Alumni

Insights Advisor after app is published

Dear Qlik Team,

Thanks for the wonderful new additions to the June 2018 Qlik Sense Enterprise release. One thing which I noticed was the Insights Advisor is available only for unpublished applications.

While this is a great thing, in practical scenarios where IT team does the data modelling and can then extend model to end users for self-service, When I opened a published application, the insight advisor was not available.

Can we expect this to be available as part of road-map. It will be wonderful is business can get access to insight advisor when they create their own sheets in a published app.
Thanks,
Ganapati

14 Replies
yaroslav
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

After delete string

SET DISABLE_INSIGHTS = 1;

in script you should also delete variable DISABLE_INSIGHTS in Variables in App overview.

derekrobertson2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks! That worked, I didn't realize it was created the variable. Appreciate the help.

Dustin_Baxa
Employee
Employee

Hi Ganapati,

This feature was released in our September 2018 version of Qlik Sense.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Content/Sense_Helpsites/WhatsNew/What-is-new-Sept201...

Please mark this question as answered if you feel this answers it. Thanks!

luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Derek,

Have you found the solution on how to turn it back on?

Thanks,

Luiz

andrew_thomson
Contributor II
Contributor II

I'm also facing a similar issue with our Qliksense estate.

I've been able to play about with the variable for insights as above, and indeed adding the variable>refreshing, does remove the feature, you can also re-enable it again by deleting the variable.

My issue however is that whenever I access the Insights advisor, in multiple apps, I get the message "Unable to generate insights. Please try again later"

Anyone have any ideas?