Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravireddyk
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qliksense Governance Dashboard

Hello,

I want to configure the governance dashboard in qliksense which is not yet released by qlik.

I see that Governance dashboard can be configure by using Node.js.

Any of you have done the Governance dashboard in qliksense

Thanks,

Ravinder

19 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody have an "installing the governance app for dummies" guide? Reading through all the git material gives me "broad strokes" and talk of node js, package.json etc. is completely foreign to me.

Not applicable

Aaron, go here: https://github.com/eapowertools/qs-governance-collector.  We've taken the Governance Dashboard and wrapped some installer plus ui on it for collection. jg

Not applicable

Jeffrey,

Having downloaded and installed the qs-governance-collector from <GitHub - eapowertools/qs-governance-collector: Collects metadata and parses script logs for Qlik Sen...> I ran into an issue with

metadata extraction and QVD generation. Hopefully this is the right venue to ask this question, if not I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

The 'Governance QVD Generator.qvf' Script refers to a metadata\userAccess folder (see screenshot below).

My c:\metadata folder is populated with *.xml files, yet the metadata\userAccess folder holds several empty subfolders and no *.xml files.

Said metada\userAccess folder is referenced in the QVD generator script under script tab 'LoopResouresAccessControl', where an inline table lists what should be the subfolders in metadata\userAccess...

since the subfolder contains folder other than the ones listed in the script inline table, and they are all empty, certain 'staging' QVDs are not being generated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ami

Image1.png

image2.png

Not applicable

Ami, best place to go is the issues page for the repository, check if your issue is already logged, and if not log your issue / ask your question. https://github.com/eapowertools/qs-governance-collector/issues Currently working on squashing a lot of bugs so hopefully the one you indicate gets addressed as well. jg

santoshknc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you very much. This link is really helpful

Can you please confirm then what are the differences between "Governance Dashboard Collector (qsgc)" and "Governance Dashboard by rvr" ?

The reason is that "gsgc" is very easy for the Qlik developers to install it but when it comes to Governacne Dashboard by rvr, its tough to understand and configure it.

So please suggest the difference and also please confirm if it could cover all the usages of rvr governance dashboard in qsgc as well / or atleast in future?

Thanks,

Santosh.

wingman_zz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mike,

Do you have any docs or tips about getting it working against Desktop?

premvihari
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi ,

I have tried to install this  dashboard but this keep failing randomly for apps. Can some one guide me how to  trace what causing this error in app.

clipboard_image_0.png

Digvijay_Singh

Hi,

I have been trying to implement Governance Dashboard 2.1.1.0 latest version in Qlik Sense April 2019 version from here https://github.com/eapowertools/qs-governance-dashboard.

I don't see Web app UI properly rendering in IE browser from link. ( Attached the view page I see.)

I am really finding it hard to understand the sequence of actions needed in the Qlik Sense Governance Collector UI  to trigger the collect meta data. It seems by trying different ways it generated few XML files in Metadata folder, with suffix as libconnections, loadstatements and fields.xml. I see Runoptions.xml file.

I tried to run script of apps Governance QVD Generator for Qlik Sense.qvf and Governance Dashboard for Qlik Sense.qvf, but they are failing in absence of some files like as mentioned in script error message - Cannot open file: 'lib://qsgc-metadata/qrsUserList.xml' (Native Path: ***

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Digvijay_Singh

Hi,

Could u manage to install it finally?

Thanks,

Digvijay_Singh

I see this error in the log indicating that QVD generation is failing, not sure how to correct this - 

{"jsFile":"userAccessControl.js","level":"error","message":"CallQVDGeneration errored. Result=={}","timestamp":"2019-10-16T19:38:20.044Z"}
{"jsFile":"userAccessControl.js","level":"info","message":"queue 7653cdc7-4c11-48a4-be1c-38a82dee29aa finished.","timestamp":"2019-10-16T19:38:20.045Z"}