Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdelafuente
Contributor II
Contributor II

Security Rules with Tags

Hello

I need create a security rules that affects all apps,connections with a specific tags,

Can you help me?

6 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

I am not sure about tags, but why don't you try with custom properties instead of tags

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Afaik you can't use tags, but you can define and use custom properties. See for example: Security rules example: Applying Qlik Sense access rights for user types ‒ Qlik Sense

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Carlos, I agree with Shraddha and Gysbert here. If you can, please provide a description of what you want the security rule to do.

gabriele_marron
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I thought I had the same need before realizing that, when using custom properties, I can assign more than one value to the entity I'm assigning it to.

For example, if I have the "Project" custom property, and every stream has a security rules that allows access to users who have a specific value of the "Project" property, the users can actually have more than one Project assigned to them.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hello,

My scenario is like below:

I have two sheets in my app that I'd like to be shown to only one user in a very easy way.

To achieve it I thought to create a tag linked to those sheets.

But unfortunately is not possible to create a security rule for "Tags" resource.

How can I achieve it in a smart way ?

Thanks in advance.

BR

Andrea

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Jeffrey,

Tags in security rule are useful to link sheets to users without the needs to specify all single sheet the user can see.

Also you'd be able to add or remove sheet for a user managing only tags associated to the single sheet avoiding to editing the security rule.

I hope it's clear.

BR

Andrea