Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
countnazgul
Contributor III
Contributor III

Connecting to the Engine multiple times (without certificates)

Hi all,

have some questions regarding the user authentication.

I have a Node.js (with enigma.js) script that at the end should export the load script from app(s) and store the script locally (probably a lot more stuff will be added but script is a good start). The process of getting the scripts and storing them is ok. My problem is the authentication. Since i want to distribute the script among my colleagues i dont want to connect to QS using certificates.

So i was thinking of using tickets. The plan was to open a session and if the session return OnAuthenticationInformation notification to spin a web server, redirect the user to the loginUri and when authenticated to return the ticket to the temp web server. This approach should work but the script can/should/will be executed multiple times a day and getting ticket every time is probably not the "user friendly" way.

Was checking the session module api but all the implementation/examples, that i have found, are using certificates.

Any other options for certificate-less long lived sessions?

Much appreciated for your help in advance (this is vicious circle is starting to make me crazy )

Thanks!

Stefan

0 Replies