Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Convert QlikSense objects to images Programmatically

Hi,

I am trying to export an QlikSense objects such as Charts to images programmatically. I'm using QlikSense .NET SDK with my C# code.

I'm able to retrieve the objects in the sheet. But how can I convert the object to image? I am thinking to turn this object to bytes first, then .NET should be able to turn the bytes to images. However, I am stuck on converting objects into bytes. Any suggestions on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Xiaoyi

5 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Our own Printing services uses Magick.NET - Home which is a .Net wrapper around ImageMagick.

So instantiate a webcontrol, render the chart and capture the area using Magick.NET

Our charts are quite complex so not everything is drawn on canvas, headers for example is just normal dom nodes.

So it's probably going to be easier to "screenshot" the contents in the webcontrol then trying to do a byte conversion

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try it out.

bortolotti_carl
Partner - Contributor III

did you have success?

bortolotti_carl

i initialize a WebBrowser control, to render the html, and then to generate the bitmap... but, i have problem with autorization, because the webbrowser is not in the same context... when you said "webcontrol", do you refer to a asp.net webcontrol?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

did you find any solution?