Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Chart From Filtered Data

I am planning to develop an extension to customize chart to cater my needs. I created an app and added filters to the sheet. Now based on the filtered conditions, I want to redraw the chart.

So far I was able to get the entire data for the sheet from layout.qHyperCube.qDataPages[0].qMatrix

Instead of "entire" data for the sheet, I need filtered once. Is it possible in straight forward ways?

Otherwise, I am planning to use model.layout.qSelectionObject.qSelections and filter manually.

Please suggest. Let me know if you need more context.

12 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Now we are getting somewhere, in your qIntitialDataFetch object you have defined the first data page as being 2 columns wide and 50 rows. Change the qWidth to match the number of data columns and qHeight to match the number of rows you want to fetch. The maximum size of a data page is 10 000 cells so if you exceed that you will need to page the object for additional data.

Edit: As this is a intitial properties setting you will need to remove and re-add the object to the sheet for the settings to change.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a ton. I thought it was column width of the visualization. That answers everything. Thanks Again

yblake
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

As explained in initialProperties property‌ documentation, to handle 6 dimensions and 2 measures, you should change this :

qInitialDataFetch: [{

qWidth: 8,

qHeight: 1250

}]

As initial properties are set when you first drop your object on the sheet, you have to destroy existing one and recreate a new one.

You may also need to clear your browser cache (see first replies for this topic : How can I uncache Qlik Sense? )

regards