Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Does DestroySessionObject stop any ongoing calculations for an object?

I was curious as to what happens if I call DestroySessionObject on an object that is still calculating.

Let's say that I have a very complex pivot table which takes about 15 seconds for the calculations to complete and for the hypercube to be returned to the client. First I call CreateSessionObject and pass in the information to create the pivot table, and allow the Qlik engine to generate the hypercube. Now let's say that during that 15 seconds I run DestroySessionObject.

According to the API reference (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/June2019/Subsystems/APIs/Content/Sense_ClientAPIs/Capabi...😞 "

Calling this method removes the object from the Qlik associative engine, no more updates are sent to the client and all methods on the object are invalid."

While it says that the object is removed from the Qlik associative engine, does that mean that any calculations that were being done on the object were cancelled? Or will the calculation continue to run for the full 15 seconds, taking up processing power?

Labels (1)
  • API

0 Replies