Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Directory Header and .NET SDK

Hi!

In my dedicated virtual proxy for API usage I setup header authorisation with dynamic directory lookup. I connect to this Qlik Sense instance with a web application using Qlik Sense .NET SDK. User header patterns work except one that uses backslashes '\'. I've passed single, double and even four backslashes between user directory and user id to the API and all the trials end up with invalid user id error. Every other pattern suggested works. I remebered to update the pattern in QMC everytime. Where I could go wrong?

Please see attached screenshots from the virtual proxy configuration.

Virtual Proxy 1.png

Virtual Proxy 2.png

Please also see the API usage (.NET SDK).

Code.png

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

This seems to be a limitation in the SDK as backslashes are treated as invalid characters. Are you able to use any other separator as a workaround?

Sincerely,

Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

This might be the case. As I said in the orginal post: 'Every other pattern suggested works.'. I can use colons as a separator for example. I wondered if I did something wrong as backslash is the most natural separator here. Moreover the error message mentions the user id in the correct form, i.e. CORP\User, stating that the user id is invalid and not a character used. If the message is the response from the API that might mean that the SDK is not at fault here.

Regards,

Anna

Not applicable
Author

Your usage is correct!

This is a limitation within the SDK since it does not allow backslashes in the headerUserId parameter.

Sincerely,

Marcus