Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Embed Sense Object to a web site out of sense proxy

Hi,

We have a web site and try to embed some sense objects into it. We have enough license to make this also we know there are some authentication methods like "ticketing and header authentication".

I actually want to know what is the most secure way to achieve this. We tought about ticket authentication but, you have to go through the sense proxy to achieve this. Is there any way to authenticate user seemlesly without directing him/she to sense proxy with ticketing method ? or do we have to use header authentication to make this work ?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Ye I don't think the single integration api supports ticket authentication.

To work around it make sure you consume the ticket before you load the iframe.

For example, you can load a small image or something from behind the proxy with the ticket appended to establish a session cookie.

If the hosting page already has authenticated the user and has issues a session cookie of some sort I would suggest you do a session integration instead of tickets.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is there any idea about this ?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

You don't have to redirect them to the proxy, they just need to fetch a resource from behind the proxy with a qlikTicket url parameter append to the resource (is using ticketing that is).

Here is a nodejs sample GitHub - mindspank/express-qps-sample: Using capabilities API with tickets

If your website issues session cookies then a session integration is probably smoother.

Do NOT user header authentication unless you have a reverse proxy in front of Qlik and can limit the inbound traffic.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alexander,

First of thank you for your response.

I don't know much about node.js, but i investigate your codes, still didn't understand one thing. I can get tickets. But i couldn't get an object to an iframe with single object api with a ticket. How can i use tickets directly while calling the object below https://10.6.192.194/single?appid=37540083-00a1-464e-bd53-2cc9650512b4&obj=Ytpngu

My app is not running on 10.6.192.194 server, and i don't want to direct the user to 10.6.192.194 server. If i redirect them to 10.6.192.194 and redirect again from QPS to my app everything works but i don't want them to see a redirection.

Search for EmbedQlikSenseintoanIISWebsite.pdf and see what i mean a redirection from QPS.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Ye I don't think the single integration api supports ticket authentication.

To work around it make sure you consume the ticket before you load the iframe.

For example, you can load a small image or something from behind the proxy with the ticket appended to establish a session cookie.

If the hosting page already has authenticated the user and has issues a session cookie of some sort I would suggest you do a session integration instead of tickets.

Not applicable
Author

Yes ! as you explained, i load leaf image inside QPS with ticket, which is under Default Content, and get the cookie. Thanks for your help. Also tried an example of Session API and succeed , but we don't want to deal with identity management and session management so for now we'll use ticketing to get session cookie.

Thanks again.