Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akeswani
Creator
Creator

Engine API CreateObject failing in April release

Hello Everyone,

I upgraded Qliksense, from November 2018 to April 2019 release Patch 1, yesterday, and now the CreateObject API is not working for me. Has it changed in this release ? 

var getFieldMSG = {
"jsonrpc": "2.0",
"id": parseInt(id),
"method": "CreateObject",
"handle": parseInt(appHandle),
"params": [{
"qInfo": {
"qId": "",
"qType": "ListObject"
},
"qListObjectDef": {
"qDef": {
"qFieldDefs": [field]
}
}
}
]
}

I am getting  "Access Denied" error all of a sudden when this API gets executed !!! this was working fine before the upgrade. 

Any ideas ???

thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

My first guess would be that this is a security rule issue. Perhaps there was a default rule that had been edited in your environment?

Remember that only read only and default rules are automatically updated when you upgrade to a new Qlik Sense version. 

https://help.qlik.com/nl-NL/sense/February2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/edit-s...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

Anybody has any ideas ? 

I am going to upgrade my dev environment QS to June 2019 to see if that will resolve the issue.

akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

Unfortunately, upgrade to June '19 release did not resolve any issue. I still see the same problem. 

Does anyone has encountered this kind of issue ? does the createobject API works for everyone in April and June release?

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

My first guess would be that this is a security rule issue. Perhaps there was a default rule that had been edited in your environment?

Remember that only read only and default rules are automatically updated when you upgrade to a new Qlik Sense version. 

https://help.qlik.com/nl-NL/sense/February2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/edit-s...

akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Yko. 

couldn't find anything much related to security rule.  Anything else i can try ? not sure Access is denied on what ??? the API was working perfectly fine before the upgrade!!! so strange for me.

akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

On my website, i am displaying the list of all QS apps, then user can click on an app and the app opens up in iframe.

i noticed in audit proxy logs that when i display the list of all QS apps (GetDocList API call) ,there is a web socket error, although I am connected and i can open the app further, i don't see any error on the browser console at this point. Same errors are when the app is opened. Not sure if this could be causing the CreateObject API to fail further down the road? any ideas?

Web socket [::ffff:<ip address>]:443 <-> [::ffff:<ip address>]:<something> failed while reading packets

Client web socket [::ffff:<ip address>]:443 <-> [::ffff:<ip address>]:<something> has failed for app: __hub

akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

i tested the same for an app that's in my "Work" stream, and selections worked there. probably because i have full access on that app. 

Then i published the same app, and now the selections doesn't work. very strange !!! what more access do i need and on what  ? although i own that stream completely, i created that stream too.

anybody has any ideas?

akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

The issue is resolved. it was indeed related to security rules. 

In the rule "CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp", it gives the create permission on objects like sheet, bookmark etc. , added "ListObject" there. 

But it's not documented anywhere in Qlik documentation, this is something that has probably changed after Nov'18 release. As we found this issue in April'19 and June'19 releases.

Thanks.