Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Engine API Invalid State

Hi community,

I'm using Engine API Explorer both in Desktop and Server. I find out that Doc State is always Invalid, whether I use of CreateDocEx to create a new app and open it, or I open an existing app from list box "Select an app". Why that? Is it ordinary?

I ask that because I'm trying to build an app from scratch through the use of Engine API Explorer (or rather I'd like to create list boxes and associate to them an alternate state), but when I try to create an object, such as a sheet, in an app with state invalid, I go then to the hub and the app has no sheets available and nothing I can do to create a sheet in the hub itself! How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

IB

5 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi Irene,

State 'Invalid' means that the app has been invalidated and you need to call GetAppLayout to get valid data:

Capture.PNG

I don't think this has much to do with your problems though. How do you go about to create the sheet?

Erik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Erik,

thanks a lot for your reply! Ok, GetAppLayout works as expected and Doc has now Valid State.

From here, I proceed as follow:

1. the app in hab as the following overview:

1.PNG

2. in Engine API Explorer I use CreateObject from handle 1 and write SH01 as Id and sheet as type:

2.PNG

3. handle 2 comes out. So I call DoSave in handle 1 and disconnect (sheet object SH01 can be seen through getInfo method). Then I reopen the app in hub but nothing is there, not even the possibility to create a new sheet from there:

3.PNG

Can you suggest me something to do? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you so much.

IB

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Has this been resolved? I'm experiencing the same issue. Please advise!

ErikWetterberg

Which issue do you refer to? The invalid app state or problems in creating a sheet programatically?

Erik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Creating a sheet programmatically - I've included additional details in a new thread.