Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kikko
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error in extesion visualization

Hi All,

as first, nice to meet you All! I'm new to qlik sense and I'm facing some difficulty to get my results using extensions.

Let me better explain. I need to reproduce a qlik view report in qlik sense. The critical point is to reproduce colors, font family and so on, because my client wants to keep the old style in the new sense version of the report.

Due to lack of extension or widget with extensive styling capabilities I have developed my extension. You can find the code into the zip attached to this message.

The extension is developed to add a simple container or e textbox or a button with a lot of properties to style the final object. It works perfectly and I'm able to apply my preferred style, but when I try to export the report in PPT or in PDF or simple image I get an error in visualization (below snaphost ).  The translation of the error should be "Invalid visualization".

0c58239dce724ba2aabe17c308cc648d.png

The purpose of my client is to obtain a PPT from the report to present his results so is of critical importance to have this feature working. 

I work with qlik sense Desktop (february release and older ) on windows 10. I tried to write the most simple code to avoid any problem using particular library but I can't figure out how to get out from this issue.

Can you please help me to understand what am I doing wrong?

Thank you!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

Most likely the problem is your getList() function. When exporting to PDF your extension does not really have access to the app, only to the data available in the layout. So you should only call the api methods when they are needed, in your case in the property panel.

I have written briefly on this here:

https://extendingqlik.upper88.com/my-best-advice-to-qlik-sense-extension-developers/

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

Most likely the problem is your getList() function. When exporting to PDF your extension does not really have access to the app, only to the data available in the layout. So you should only call the api methods when they are needed, in your case in the property panel.

I have written briefly on this here:

https://extendingqlik.upper88.com/my-best-advice-to-qlik-sense-extension-developers/

kikko
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much Erick, you save my days!! Your solution is correct. Now I just need to understand how to correctly place the getList function in my property section. thank you again!