Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Get the data load script of an app via the .net sdk

Hi There

I am currently trying to get the data load script used for a Qlik sense app via the .net sdk.

I can currently locate the server and app in question. I use the app.GetScript() method on a selected app to load the script. The method returns a string that seems to be part of the dataload script. The returned string seems to be just 1 section of the dataload script.

Is it possible to load all the sections contained in an applications script?

Is it also possible to load the script from an unpublished app e.g one in my work.

5 Replies
jp_golay
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

We use app.GetScript() and it returns whole script. Diferents tabs are separated by something like \\\tab if I remember.

Yes you can load script from every app published and not

JP

ebiexperts CTO
With WIP, Control everything!
Qlik Sense, QlikView and NPrinting Source control, Versioning and Deployment, Agile Lifecycle Management
Not applicable
Author

Hi JP thanks for this info.

I managed to create a test app that I could get the correct script with sections using app.GetScript().

This lead me to do some investigation why current apps within a stream where not working. I came to the conclusion that it may be because our older apps originated from v2 of Qlik.

I set out to prove this was the case but have been unable to get the correct script from any other apps created other than the original.

I have attached a screenshot of the script output I receive and a qvf file to use for comparison.Capture.JPG

Here is a onedrive link to the qvf file of the app https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnSdRqRHgcz6oGHrqX0t60fJS9yD

Not applicable
Author

I'm troubleshooting the same issue where the api isn't returning the correct load scripts for app's in a stream.  Were you able to resolve it?  I get that same output which appears to be the default value.

I've been using the dev-hub/engine-api-explorer to test the GetScript method.  If I duplicate the QlikApp that is in the stream, it puts the copy in my personal work section.  If I call GetScript method on the COPY, it returns the expected load scripts.

Hoping to figure this out soon!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andrew I did resolve this issue but couldn't tell you how I did it. Your comment suggests that it may have been a permission issue all along. Try creating and publishing an app under the account that you are using to connect to the API. Once you have published it try getting the dataload script via the GetScript method.

I have a feeling this was the issue I had. Let me know how you get along.

Simon

Not applicable
Author

I switched the account's role from RootAdmin to ContentAdmin and it is working now.