Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get value of textbox/textarea

Hello guys,

I have a problem with getting the value of the textarea of my extension. I am trying with jquery but it doesn't work:

console.log($(props.items.appearance.items.myButton).val());

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Todor

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Ok I don't really know why but the layout property is not assigned to the $scope, but rather to the $scope.$parent property .

If you replace your controller with the the following code you'll see an object containing properties like "layout", "component", "backendApi" etc. in the console:

controller: ['$scope', function ($scope) {

var myExtScope = $scope.$parent;

console.log(myExtScope);

}]

The path to your property-value will then be: myExtScope.layout.props.buttonName

(because you set the "ref" property inside the property.js myButton variable to "props.buttonName")

I think there's something wrong though because Qlik documentation states:

"Add console.log('layout', $scope.layout); into your controller to help you find all the properties."

which is (surprisingly) wrong.

Mathias

View solution in original post

8 Replies
m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello Todor,

the "$(...)" is usually expecting an jQuery selector like:

$('#myButton') --> returns the html element with the id "myButton" (e.g. <button id="myButton">Button-Text</button> or <div id="myButton"></div>).

What you probably want is just: console.log(props.items.appearance.items.myButton)

If you want to look inside the properties-structure you can also just do a: console.log(props)

For a better understanding check out the section about custom properties in the Qlik Sense documentation (Adding custom properties ‒ Qlik Sense)

Mathias

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

My example might be a bit misleading.. because I want to get the value of my textbox/textarea.

Screenshot_1.png

This text ("dasdasd") i want.

P.S.: I have searched the help but couldn't find a solution ..

m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Did you try my suggestions?

If you post your stripped down extension code I'm probably able to help you better.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, this is an example of my extension with your solution.
P.S.: I dont want to get the default value but the value from the user input

m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Ok I don't really know why but the layout property is not assigned to the $scope, but rather to the $scope.$parent property .

If you replace your controller with the the following code you'll see an object containing properties like "layout", "component", "backendApi" etc. in the console:

controller: ['$scope', function ($scope) {

var myExtScope = $scope.$parent;

console.log(myExtScope);

}]

The path to your property-value will then be: myExtScope.layout.props.buttonName

(because you set the "ref" property inside the property.js myButton variable to "props.buttonName")

I think there's something wrong though because Qlik documentation states:

"Add console.log('layout', $scope.layout); into your controller to help you find all the properties."

which is (surprisingly) wrong.

Mathias

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It works perfectly. Thanks Mathias!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello again Mathias!

Do you know how to catch the event when something is entered in the specific textbox? For example, I want to enter the name of the displayed button in this textbox.

Regards,

Todor

m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello,

I don't know how to subscribe to the change event of a specific property (other than finding the textbox via a jQuery selector) but you can use the Validated Event for your extension:

Validated

Occurs if the data has been recalculated and new valid data is available.

myExtScope.component.model.Validated.bind( function () {

console.info('new value', $scope.$parent.layout.props.buttonName);

} );

More on events can be found in the documentation: AngularJS and events ‒ Qlik Sense

Mathias