Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Save the Date: QlikWorld Online, June 24-25, 2020. Free global virtual event for data integration and data analytic gurus. Register Today
Highlighted
New Contributor III

How to render native field selection dialog in extension?

I am trying to create an extension and I want to utilize the native field selection dialog that pops up on all the native Qlik objects when a user makes a selection.

It this possible and is it documented/explained anywhere?

Or are there any example extensions that utilize this functionality that I could look at?

Screenshot of what I am referring to:

Capture.PNG

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Honored Contributor

Re: How to render native field selection dialog in extension?

Use the visualization API to create a listbox.

Highlighted
New Contributor III

I'm not sure if what I want is to create a whole list box. What I want is to create the dialog window that pops up after you click the search button on a list box . The same thing also happens when you click the search button on the column headers of the native table object or on a field in a multibox.

See image:

I only want to render the dialog box on the right without having to render the full list box on the left first.

Untitled.png

Highlighted
New Contributor III

@ErikWetterberg 

Forgot to tag you on last response..

Also, in regards to the visualization api you mentioned, is there a way to use that to generate a filterpane? It doesn't seem to list it on the documentation page as one of the various types, but when I pass "filterpane" into the type parameter it does seem to render an empty filterpane, I just can't get it to show any fields.

Highlighted
New Contributor III

Does anyone know how to do this, or at least know the username of someone who does so that they can be tagged?