Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

Announcements
QlikWorld, June 24-25, 2020. Free virtual event for DI and DA gurus. Register Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

How to trigger tasks using the QRS API based on tags

We have a multi-tenanted environment and need to start customer tasks on a daily basis. By way of an example, we have 33 customers that each have their own reload task. The data is extracted from a customer's onsite source on a daily basis and loaded into a multi-tenanted Data Warehouse.

The Qlik Sense tasks run based on a daily schedule at 8 am each morning, this is not ideal as the Qlik Sense tasks do not know when the Data Warehouse has finished loading. Ideally, I would like to trigger each task via the QRS API once the DWH has completed.

Each customer reload task has been a tagged with the source system the data relates to, for example, the 33 customers have a tag of "HPOS" against each reload task.

I would like to be able to use the QRS API to do two things:

1. Filter a list of reload tasks based on a tag, in the above example "HPOS".

2. Start the reload tasks based on the filtered list.

Any suggestions are welcome.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: How to trigger tasks using the QRS API based on tags

I would suggest that you explore the Qlik CLI (GitHub - ahaydon/Qlik-Cli: Qlik Sense Cmdlet for PowerShell) which allows you to utilize the Qlik Sense Repository Service (QRS) APIs through PowerShell.

Get-QlikTask -full returns a list of all tasks, including the tag values.

Get-QlikTask -full | where {$_.tags.name -eq "HPOS"}) pipes the task list into a filter, to only keep the required tags.

(Get-QlikTask -full | where {$_.tags.name -eq "HPOS"}).id limits the filtered task list to only the task ID values.

(Get-QlikTask -full | where {$_.tags.name -eq "HPOS"}).id | foreach { Start-QlikTask $_ } as a final step pipes each filtered task ID to being started.