Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnmorgan
Partner - Contributor III

Issues using GetFullPropertyTree for sheet object via JSON API

I am having some issues using GetFullPropertyTree through the JSON API.  Does anyone have an example of getting this object for a sheet?

I am working on integrating my teams qlik sense applications into source control and our continuous integration pipeline.  To start I am trying to write a python script that will download text versions of a given application.  Right now I can authenticate, open an app, and pull the data load as a text file, the next step is to try to get the json representation of each sheet in the application.  I am able to list and iterate the sheets by creating a session object in the app and calling GetLayout.  From there I can GetObject on each of the sheets.  However regardless of what I try I am unable to get anything other than method not found trying to call GetFullPropertyTree.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg

This can be confusing..

In the JSON protocol methods start with a kapital letter, so GetFullPropertyTree. In the JavaScript wrapper its getFullPropertyTree.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
iharsh220
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

if you need current sheet if for extension  you can use 

qlik.navigation.get current sheet id()

if you are using engine api then 

step 1:  go to Qlik Engine 

step 2 :  connect engine select your app

step 3: in DOC open GetObjects

step 4: pass this json

{
         "handle": 1,
         "method": "GetObjects",
          "params": {
                     " qOptions": {
                                  "qTypes": [
                                               "sheet"
                                     ],
                                    "qIncludeSessionObjects": false,
                                     "qData": {}
                         }
             }
}

step 4: you'll get list of sheet for that app you're selected..

Thanks regards

Harsh Gohil 

johnmorgan
Author

All of that is fine.  Where I have an issue is when I call getFullPropertyType on the qId that comes back from the and handle from the getObject call.

Body of that call looks like:

{"handle": "GAvUq", "id": 9, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "getFullPropertyTree", "params": [4], "py/object": "QlikObjects.RequestObject"}

My understanding is that this should return several sheet properties including a json version of the sheet.

That call is consistently failing with method not found.

Thanks!

iharsh220
Contributor III
Contributor III

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2019/Subsystems/APIs/Content/Sense_ClientAPIs/Ca...

check this url if it will help.

qlik.app.getFullPropertyTree(id)  // pass your sheet object id here

i dont know this api is working or not but still try once 🙂

ErikWetterberg

This can be confusing..

In the JSON protocol methods start with a kapital letter, so GetFullPropertyTree. In the JavaScript wrapper its getFullPropertyTree.

johnmorgan
Author

2 days of looking at this and I didn't realize that I had camel cased that method call even though I hadn't camel cased any of the others  🙂  

This solved my issue.  Thanks!