Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Integration, Extensions, & APIs

Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.

Announcements
See why Qlik is recognized as a Leader for the 10th year in a row – and discover how Qlik can help put your business in the lead. Get Report
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

List Apps with custom property

I 'm looking for something with  API to read a custom property or tag from an app.

I can't find anything to do this .

I am using require["js/qlik"] and the qlik.getAppList. This information is not available in the response.

Is it possible using another API ? I'm using a virtual proxy

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg
Honored Contributor

Re: List Apps with custom property

6 Replies
ErikWetterberg
Honored Contributor

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Thanks for your reply.

I can successfully call the QRS API through a http request from server to server https://<server>:4242/qrs/app/full with the certificate authentication.

I'm looking for a solution to call the QRS API through javascript call and a websocket with proxy authentication.

ex : a call to wss://<server>:4243/<virtualproxy>/qrs/app/full 

Is it possible ?

Highlighted
ErikWetterberg
Honored Contributor

No, you cannot call the QRS API over websockets. Why do you want to call it over web socket??

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

I have a html page with javascript including the qlik hosted script require.js

I use the javascript API require["js/qlik"] through a websocket and i call qlik.getAppList to get informations about available apps for my connected user. Authentication is made through virtual proxy when i request require.js, a redirection is made from qlik virtual proxy to my authentication endpoint.

It worked very well and it is full javascript but in the AppList response i don't have informations about tags and customProperties.

If there is no other option i will write the app list from server with QRS API response instead of doing it with the websocket qlik.getAppList response

Highlighted
ErikWetterberg
Honored Contributor

You could use the callRepository method, though I've seem that Qlik has marked it as deprecated, so it might be removed in a future release. 

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Thanks for your help.

I will using the QRS API directly and not the deprecated method of javascript API.