Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akeswani
Creator
Creator

Mashup - get selections in April 2019 release

I have an intranet application that opens QS in an iframe on the left, and a chat window on the right. The user can make selections on QS app, and with Engine API calls (OpenDoc, CreateSessionObject, Getlayout) on a button click, we can get selections and post it as a link in the chat window. 

This works fine when I open a QS app. The problem is when i open a mashup instead. Mashup is tied to only one app, not multiple app objects. The way I am doing is this:

1. Display list of QS apps

2. click on QS app (if a mashup is built on that app, open the mashup in an iframe)

3. Make some selections on mashup

4. Click on a button and it should pick the selections on the screen  (behind the scenes, I am making selections on the actual app through API calls that i stated above).

This was all working fine until Nov'18 release. I upgraded my dev env. to June'19 and test env. to Apr'19 release and selections are not working anymore. it works fine on the actual app, but not on the apps that open up as mashups. 

I changed a security rule on dev env. (June'19 release) for published apps, I added Extension in resource filter and added in the Conditions : or (resource.resourcetype="Extension") or... , the selections worked after that change. The same change on test env. (April'2019) does not work though. 

Any ideas ? is there any security rule that still needs to be modified or added to make selections work on mashups in Apr'19 release ? I did not develop the mashup, but anything that i need to check on mashups side ?  any object that it's using and i need to include that in security rule? 

OR any other way of getting selections on mashups ? there is a selection box on mashups, is there any way my Angular app can read those selections in the selection box ? 

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

ok, this is resolved. 

My approach today to solve this, was to move an older version of mashup on that environment and when i tested that out, selections worked. so at least i knew it has to do something with the latest code of mashups. 

figured out that a line of code was added at the time when selections were not preserved on different pages of mashups.  commented that line of code and everything is back to normal now ! still wondering why the same thing with that line of code worked when i updated the security rule in dev (Jun'19 release) env. 

The last line of this code was commented :

var config = {
host: window.location.hostname,
prefix: prefix,
port: window.location.port,
isSecure: window.location.protocol === "https:"
//identity : "[U_ID]"
};

Selections on mashups works now 😊

View solution in original post

1 Reply
akeswani
Creator
Creator
Author

ok, this is resolved. 

My approach today to solve this, was to move an older version of mashup on that environment and when i tested that out, selections worked. so at least i knew it has to do something with the latest code of mashups. 

figured out that a line of code was added at the time when selections were not preserved on different pages of mashups.  commented that line of code and everything is back to normal now ! still wondering why the same thing with that line of code worked when i updated the security rule in dev (Jun'19 release) env. 

The last line of this code was commented :

var config = {
host: window.location.hostname,
prefix: prefix,
port: window.location.port,
isSecure: window.location.protocol === "https:"
//identity : "[U_ID]"
};

Selections on mashups works now 😊