cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tee_dubs
Contributor III
Contributor III

Mashups and Security

My company has a Qliksense server set up. 

I have developed a quite complicated app with about 12 different sheets for different purposes. 

I would like to turn this into a mashup to improve the user experience and use the right branding. 

Before i get started i want to understand how it will work in terms of security.  

Here are my questions:

1. Some users have qlik single sign on (ADFS) others need to enter a company password before they can enter the hub. How will this effect the app in a mashup? Will they be automatically promted if they are not authenticated?

2. Does a user need to have a license and access to the stream to access qlik content on a mashup webpage or could i set security on the webpage a itself and allow any domain user access based on the webpage permissions?

3. I would like to share reports of some sort for an overview of the data for high level managers who would only view data/kpis once or twice a month. Can I add qlik content to a webpage without the user having access to qlik. If so are they static images or could i have some level of interactivity? 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincenzo_Esposito

Generally a Mashup is just a different way to consume the Qlik Apps,  Sucurity, license and load balancing matters are inherited by Qlik Sense.

More specifically:

1. You need to manage it through the Virtual Proxy(VP). The best practice is to have a dedicated VP for Mashups. This mean your web application need to provide (or manage) the authentication. You can set up a SSO or ask users to provide their credentials. You can be consistent here.

2. Because of the (1) each user need to be identified by the web application and subsequently need to be entitled to use Qlik Sense.

3. Based on your license model you can give anonymous access (only using Token and Core, it is not possible with Professional/Analyzer). Be careful, anonymous access dashboard, by definitian, can be accessed by anyone. I suppose those users have to access to more sensitive data therefore they need a profile consequently a license.

Hope this help

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

Generally a Mashup is just a different way to consume the Qlik Apps,  Sucurity, license and load balancing matters are inherited by Qlik Sense.

More specifically:

1. You need to manage it through the Virtual Proxy(VP). The best practice is to have a dedicated VP for Mashups. This mean your web application need to provide (or manage) the authentication. You can set up a SSO or ask users to provide their credentials. You can be consistent here.

2. Because of the (1) each user need to be identified by the web application and subsequently need to be entitled to use Qlik Sense.

3. Based on your license model you can give anonymous access (only using Token and Core, it is not possible with Professional/Analyzer). Be careful, anonymous access dashboard, by definitian, can be accessed by anyone. I suppose those users have to access to more sensitive data therefore they need a profile consequently a license.

Hope this help

QlikkitySplits
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello! i just wanted to clarify on this...

does this in fact mean that if i have:

Stream A Visible only to standard users

Stream B Visible only to executive users

if both streams had visualizations incorporated in the same mashup and it was viewed by an executive user, he could only see visualizations from Stream B? and the others would have some kind of "access denied" message on them?

Hann
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi, can you explain more for the analyzer license? What they can do and limitation with the mashup.