Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eliasmazur
Contributor
Contributor

Open a DIV over other objects in Qlik

I'm developing an extension that needs to open a div that will cover other objects in the Qlik Sense environment (NOT a mashup).  I was able to place the div outside the container for the extension using position: fixed in CSS but the content is covered by other Qlik objects and it also seems to have the wrong opacity.  I tried to set the opacity to 1 and the z-index very high, but still looks the same  (check the screenshot below).  I want to have the box with the lines "This is a test" on top of all other objects.  I know this is possible because the native popup from Qlik do that.

I tried to use some of the native qv- classes but none seemed to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Elias

Capture.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErikWetterberg

Hi Elias,

I have done this in my DevTool extension GitHub - erikwett/DevTool: Developer Tool extension for Qlik Sense.

$( document.body ).append( "<button class='devtool-btn fab'><i class='material-icons'>settings</i></button>" );

With Styling:

devtool-btn {
position: absolute;
bottom: 25px;
right: 3px;

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ErikWetterberg

Hi Elias,

I have done this in my DevTool extension GitHub - erikwett/DevTool: Developer Tool extension for Qlik Sense.

$( document.body ).append( "<button class='devtool-btn fab'><i class='material-icons'>settings</i></button>" );

With Styling:

devtool-btn {
position: absolute;
bottom: 25px;
right: 3px;

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg