Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open a sheet of an App using API

Is there any way to open a sheet of an App using App or Engine API. I have the Id of the sheet to be opened.

Regards

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If open the app as per normal with a web browser, navigate to the sheet in question and save the url as a shortcut then opening the shortcut will take you straight to the sheet.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Actually, I had created a mashup that updates Measures/Dimensions of visualization objects in an App using Engine API. But I found that whenever the changes are made, these changes are not reflected in the mashup unless I manually open the sheet containing those visualization objects that were updated.

I have also found a blog that refers to the same issue: Introduction to Generic Object

I am facing the problem so wanting to know if it is possible to open a sheet using App or Engine API.

Regards

m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

If you haven't tried it yet, maybe "reloading" the mashup visualizations by destroying them using the "destroySessionObject" method and then calling .getObject again could work?

Mathias

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for your reply.

I have figured out the issue. Since I am using getList( ) method of App API, it is necessary to call the close( ) method on the model which I didn't do and so my changes are not persisted to Qlik Sense.

Here is how I am using the close() method:

app.getList('DimensionList').then(function(result) {

// TODO

result.close();

})

Regards