cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Engine API and qSocks: Connection to Server

Dear all,

I am working on an extension to support multiple languages in Qlik Sense using the Engine API. The extension works fine in Qlik Sense Desktop, but I am experiencing difficulties in migrating this solution on our Qlik Sense server. I cannot establish connection to the engine API on the server. Currently I am using this config:

var config = {

host: 'x.x.com/sense',

isSecure: true,

origin: 'https://x.x.com',

appname: '8b43f5f5-f5fd-4d5c-a9cd-5d4d47726fb4',

// cert: fs.readFile('/client.pem'),

// key: fs.readFileSync('/client_key.pem')

};

qsocks.Connect(config).then(function(global) { ... }

With this configuration, I get the message: "WebSocket opening handshake was canceled". I suppose the cert and key field are required, but how to include the fs module from node.js in a Qlik Sense extension? Using browserify and create a fs.bundle like done for qsocks.bundle?

In the end, I want the extension to behave as in Qlik Sense Desktop: each user can select his/her language and the objects are translated in his/her session.

Thanks in advance,

Gregory

1 Reply
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

origin and certificate options on the config is node js only. You can't set those properties in the browser.

Your host value looks strange however, normally the hostname is 'server.com' and if you have specified a virtual proxy prefix you would set that in config.prefix = '/sense/' which I guess is the case here?