Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob-ascot
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Desktop -- Installation failed

I am trying to get the latest version installed on to my machine and I am getting the above error.

These lines are from the log:

Property(S): INSTALLLEVEL = 1
MSI (s) (48:2C) [12:31:21:552]: Note: 1: 1708
MSI (s) (48:2C) [12:31:21:552]: Note: 1: 2205 2: 3: Error
MSI (s) (48:2C) [12:31:21:552]: Note: 1: 2228 2: 3: Error 4: SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 1708
MSI (s) (48:2C) [12:31:21:552]: Note: 1: 2205 2: 3: Error
MSI (s) (48:2C) [12:31:21:552]: Note: 1: 2228 2: 3: Error 4: SELECT `Message` FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 1709
MSI (s) (48:2C) [12:31:21:552]: Product: Qlik Sense Desktop -- Installation failed.

MSI (s) (48:2C) [12:31:21:581]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Qlik Sense Desktop. Product Version: 13.9.1. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: QlikTech International AB. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Can you please help me resolve this issue?

8 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Bob-ascot 

Please refer to the following article that might help to resolve the problem:

Qlik Sense Desktop (QSD) "Installation failed" with error 1603

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Bob-ascot
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This error is not the same as mine? The installation continues to fail so I cann ot use Qlik anymore.

Can anyone there help me please?
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello Bob,

Have you tried right-clicking on the executable and selecting "Run as an Administrator?"

Do you still see the same error? Is it possible for you to share the full log file here?

At times there are further messages above or below the error that state the failure reason. 

Another issue may be an overly aggressive anti-virus is scanning the file and not allowing you to do the installation. 

You could also try the following:

1. Go to the Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges 
2. Find the Desktop Installation .exe File 
3. Run the Command > Qlik_Sense_Desktop_setup.exe -layout c:\temp 
4. Go to C:\temp\AttachedContainer\SenseDesktop.msi and install it.

Regards,

Eva

Bob-ascot
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Eva,

I tried the install as you suggested and it appeared to install ok, until i tried to run the application and I got the following error:

Bob-ascot
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have full admin rights to my machine, I am administrator of this system/network etc.

Bob-ascot
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am now back where I started, as soon as I go onto your site and get the latest download, I will get exactly the same problem again. It will fail with exactly the same problem, unless you can give me something to resolve my issue?

Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hi Bob,

I contacted our Customer Support team who handles issues with the Qlik Sense Desktop installation.

I have forwarded them a link to this thread so they can respond accordingly.

Regards,

Eva

Bob-ascot
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Eva, I will follow their advice and hopefully resolve the installation issue :).