Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Sense Extension

I am using the Qlik Sense version 2.1.1

I am using the Qlik Dev Hub (http://localhost:4848/dev-hub/) for the extension development. The problem is when ever i make the changes in the .js file. It is not getting updated in the QlikSense. 

What is the workflow?  My understanding is the QlikSense client (dev tool) needs to be pen when using the Qlik Dev Hub for extension development. So if i update the .js files in the extension editor through the dev hub will i be able to see the changes in the QlikSense?

Or should i close everything and then re--open  the dashboard to reflect the changes. I tried many times but somewhere i am having the issue where as the changes in the .js file are not getting updated or reflecting correctly?

Did any one has the similar issue or is it something i have to raise the ticket with Qlik.

5 Replies
ErikWetterberg

Hi,

Are you running QlikSense client in the built-in browser? The built-in browser caches extension files, which is good when you are not making changes to them, but bad during extension development...

Run Qlik Sense client in your browser, and turn caching off. Read more on this here.

Hope this helps

Erik

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the response Erik.It was very helpful. I tried IE and Chrome browsers. Sorry i didn't get what you mean by built-in browser?

ErikWetterberg

Is your problem solved then??

By built-in browser a mean the client that starts automatically when you start Qlik Sense Desktop. Technically thats is a browser too.

Erik

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No Erik. Sometimes its is working and sometimes it is not.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Just created the new extension from the existing table template  when i tried to use it in App i am getting the error as Invalid Visualization ,The visualization was not found on server,,,,