Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qliksense: Timeline Extension: Values not getting displayed in ascending order and in separate lines.

I downloaded the Timeline extension(similar to Gantt Chart) as well as QVF file from https://github.com/ralfbecher/QlikSense_Extension_Timeline (attached are the files). I have done some modification in the downloaded Timeline file and the updated file is attached with the name TimelineO.qvf. The changes which were made are:

1. 1) Added 6 more tasks and now there are 9 tasks in total for 3 groups.
  2. 2) Removed Events, Points from the previous Timeline extension file to easily understand the data for the extension.

I loaded the updated file and these are the issues which I am facing in Qliksense.

The first issue which I am facing is that the tasks are not coming line by line i.e. Task 1 should come in first line and Task 4 should come in second line. The Task should be displayed in separate lines.

Grp 1

Task 1

Task 4

Task 7

The Second issue which I am facing is that the task should be displayed in ascending order. It should be displayed as mentioned below:

Grp 3

Task 3

Task 6

Task 9

This is really important for my project as the provided Gantt chart is not much of use for me. Please suggest.

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Please respond to this or give suggestions on this......

Not applicable
Author

I found it on my own. We can use rbecher  Google Timeline Extension for this.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I'm afraid this cannot be done..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf Becher,

I implemented Google Timeline Extension and I am getting this now. High Level Gantt Chart.png

Now the next requirement in this is that  I want to have the activities in different colors. For Ex. Offloading in Red, Grounded in Blue, Assigned Vessel in Yellow. I am not able to do that. Please help me out in this.

I am not able to upload the QVF file and Extension as I can attach only images or video. Can you please let me know how to attach the QVF file

Image.PNG

Regards

Rohit Parimal

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Nice!

You can switch the editor mode at the top right. In advanced mode you can attach files.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for your genuine response.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf,

I worked on js file for the timeline extension and I have the desired output. Please have a look at this.

Now I am getting customized colors for specific activities.

rbecher

Gantt Chart.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf,

How we can add one more dimension in the Javascript. I want to add one more column on the left side which will display Vessel Type only.

rbecher

reddys310

Can you please help me out?

Regards

Rohit Parimal

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Just change definition object...

Astrato.io Head of R&D