Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III

Scrollbar errors with straight table in Mashup

Hi all,  [using Qlik Sense April Patch 2 on a QAP server]

I'm having a problem in which a straight table embedded into an html page is not showing a scroll bar. You can still scroll through it with your mouse, but it is not convenient for all users (e.g., my boss!). Here's a live version of the table:

https://dashboards.philasd.org/extensions/district-wide-surveys/index.html#/tracker

Before posting a question I found this previous question, where there was a similar issue. A responder suggested using css to force a scrollbar, because there were potentially conflicts with local css:

.qv-grid-object-scroll-area {
overflow-y: auto!important;
}

I tried this and it does, indeed, put a scrollbar next to the table - but the scrollbar doesn't actually allow you to scroll to the end of the table. I get a "Load more" button -which doesn't actually do anything. The strange thing is that I can still use my mouse to continue scrolling, even though the scrollbar stops about a third of the way down the list.

image.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This piece of css code - properly nested to only address this single object - appears to work:

.scrollbar-track {
   opacity: 1 !important;
  margin-left: 3px;
}

This is not a perfect solution because the table's scroll should work automatically, this css-hack forces the scrollbar to show, no matter what - but it works.

Hat tip to AW at IPC.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Oh, and I forgot to mention. There is bootstrap in this mashup, but I've tried the table outside of any bootstrap components, still doesn't work.

I also put a button, for testing, that when pressed calls qlik.resize() inside the javascript. This should reload the object - but that doesn't have any effect.

jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III
Author

One more thing I noticed. If I look up the scroll bar in the elements panel in chrome I can see the thumb cursor. So, it's there, working as it is supposed to (It changes position when I scroll with the mouse), but it's just not displaying:

image.pngcould it be that it is not setting the 'active' class in that ng-class directive?

I'd be willing to do an override in my local css for this particular object.

jonvitale
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This piece of css code - properly nested to only address this single object - appears to work:

.scrollbar-track {
   opacity: 1 !important;
  margin-left: 3px;
}

This is not a perfect solution because the table's scroll should work automatically, this css-hack forces the scrollbar to show, no matter what - but it works.

Hat tip to AW at IPC.